New Osteopathic Medical School Coming to Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why is it that so much recent DO schools are opening, but you never here of a new MD opening. I am curious, is it that MDs are trying to limit the number of future MD Physicians, or what is it. Heck MD schools are even too anal to increase class sizes which makes opening a new one a crazy idea for them i guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
MD2b20004 said:
Why is it that so much recent DO schools are opening, but you never here of a new MD opening. I am curious, is it that MDs are trying to limit the number of future MD Physicians, or what is it. Heck MD schools are even too anal to increase class sizes which makes opening a new one a crazy idea for them i guess.
MD schools are trying to increase enrollment by 30% according to recent statements made by the AMA and there are new MD schools being built in California, Florida and probably several other states that I'm not aware of.... That is not to say that opening the new DO schools is w/o problems/controversy, but there is a movement towards quick expansion across the board

Taus said:
MD schools are trying to increase enrollment by 30% according to recent statements made by the AMA and there are new MD schools being built in California, Florida and probably several other states that I'm not aware of.... That is not to say that opening the new DO schools is w/o problems/controversy, but there is a movement towards quick expansion across the board

Touro is opening up an MD school in NJ as well.