New Ostopathic Residency programs in NorthWest??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Donvb

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I heard a rumor that they were bringing in new Osteopathic residency programs (ER, Surgery, and the likes) in Central Oregon and Northern California... Is this true? I've searched online and haven't found anything, but in a D.O. magazine I got it had a small ad about it. Any info?

Members don't see this ad.

I spoke with a DO at the AOA convention in 2005 who was from the Oregon osteopathic medical association and he said that they're definitely making a big push to open up new residencies in the state.

I vaguely remember him mentioning their interest in opening up a new DO school in Oregon too :scared: but we'll see what happens with that...

I know they are working on setting up some training sites in Corvallis Oregon. I went to OSU, so I am very familiar with the area and many physicians there. However, I cannot get a straight answer from anyone on which programs other than family med and when they will start. I am a second year now, and the people I talked to said it probably won't be established before I match.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know they are working on setting up some training sites in Corvallis Oregon. I went to OSU, so I am very familiar with the area and many physicians there. However, I cannot get a straight answer from anyone on which programs other than family med and when they will start. I am a second year now, and the people I talked to said it probably won't be established before I match.

I went to OSU as well! What kind of "training sites" were they going to set up in Corvallis? Are you talking rotation or residency?

No, not rotations. From the physicians I talked to, it was mostly primary care residencies within the good samaritan healthcare system. I say residencies like there will be multiple, but probably less than 5. I am interested in OB/GYN and I have not heard that will be available.

The last couple of months, there's been an ad in the JAOA and DO about residency directors being needed for COMP programs in CA and "The Northwest". I'm excited because PATHOLOGY is one of the listed programs. I can't find any other info, though.

Yah, I saw this same advertisement. It had many different specialties listed, but I kindof assumed the more "special" ones would be in California and the Family practice residency would be in Oregon... Lookin for DO ER to move to Oregon!:)

I inquired awhile back, and ended up speaking with one of the physicians in Oregon working on this. I know they are trying to start residency programs in Corvallis, but it looks like it will be awhile before anything starts. Right now they are trying to get 3rd year rotations together for the COMP students. I can't see a residency program starting until the rotations are all set up. So expect it to be a year or two before anything definite happens. :(