New Pharmacist Salaries - Arkansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CNJ_Anon

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The University of Arkansas posted their annual survey of the graduating class. (Thanks!) Average starting salary has dropped to $107,637 among the 48 students reporting salaries. This is the 4th year of salaries dropping. Here are the past couple years:
2018 $109,620
2017 $115,155
2016 $119,168
2015 $119,258
2014 $119,225

If you take the 2015 salary and adjust for inflation, it would be $128,006 this year. So it's actually a $20,000 drop in starting salaries over 4 years.

The survey included 110 respondents. 30 didn't accept a position, 3 weren't looking, 28 accepted residencies, 49 accepted positions (other than residencies). This is actually an improvement over last year's number (19 residencies and 41 accepted positions), but in 2010 it was 15 residencies and 76 accepted positions. The average number of hours per week was at 40 in previous surveys, but is now at 36.3 hours.

Read previous surveys by googling "university of arkansas college of pharmacy salary survey." Here's this year's:

Anyone else here share my not-so-healthy curiousity about watching this bubble pop?

tl;dr: No surprises. Salaries down, parttime is commonplace, unemployment is up.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I appreciate UAMS for continuing this survey despite it painting a darker picture for our profession with each passing year.

I'd like to point out that the average student loan burden was $159k, in a lower priced school in a low CoL area.

They also had to bundle excellent, good, and fair opinions on the job market just to present a majority favorable opinion.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I appreciate UAMS for continuing this survey despite it painting a darker picture for our profession with each passing year.

I'd like to point out that the average student loan burden was $159k, in a lower priced school in a low CoL area.

They also had to bundle excellent, good, and fair opinions on the job market just to present a majority favorable opinion.

They also left the huge chunk of people who haven’t found jobs out of the question about the job market. I bet those people have some opinions...

Reactions: 1 users