• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

Mister Mxyzptlk

15+ Year Member
May 16, 2006
Yewston, TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Just an FYI. I was talking to Martin Grabois at the AAPM this weekend. He says Baylor plans to offer a PM&R pain fellowship. The first year will not be ACGME-accredited, but he hopes the next year it will. For those of you in PM&R looking for a pain fellowship this could be a possibility.

Nov 21, 1998
Over the rainbow
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Just an FYI. I was talking to Martin Grabois at the AAPM this weekend. He says Baylor plans to offer a PM&R pain fellowship. The first year will not be ACGME-accredited, but he hopes the next year it will. For those of you in PM&R looking for a pain fellowship this could be a possibility.

I'm curious who will be the core trainers? Is it a *NEW* training program per se or a shot-gun marriage of existing programs a la Stanford? Just curious...

Mister Mxyzptlk

15+ Year Member
May 16, 2006
Yewston, TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
We just had a brief and casual chat so I have little hard information. It's my impression that this is a new PM&R-based program. I know he has at least one interventional pain doc (Benoy Benny) on the faculty.

Dr. Grabois is a super guy. He has a lot of enthusiasm for the project and I think he would be happy to see widespread interest, so go ahead and contact his office for specific info.

About the Ads

Finally M3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Dr. Benny is going to be a great asset to that program. Thanks for reminding me about their program!

lobelsteve

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
May 30, 2005
Canton GA
www.stevenlobel.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I think the staff is going to be built around a strong core.

I first met Dr. Grabois at an APS meeting in Chicago. I was a PGY2, had already had a few beers and was in line for appetizers at a swanky Endo sponsored party. Marty was behind me in line and we just struck up a conversation. After 5 minutes of chatting with me I introduced myself and he flipped over his name badge. I remember telling him, "I know you, I've got your book." He repied, " So you are the one..." Unassuming and very personable. I have not had the pleasure of working for or with him.

I met Benny when we were on the RPC. Very much motivated and has a personality. With Windsor and I taking a year or two off from the ACGME accreditation to evaluate, this may be the next big thing in PMR Pain.

(That is until Algos and I can generate enough revenue and pay everybody off so we can start a Pain Residency Training program)....

medicineman1

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
you guys are taking a year off or two away from accredidation to evaluate? that blows! what are you evaluating exactly- and what is the projected future at the emory program? thats a bummer

lobelsteve

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
May 30, 2005
Canton GA
www.stevenlobel.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
you guys are taking a year off or two away from accredidation to evaluate? that blows! what are you evaluating exactly- and what is the projected future at the emory program? thats a bummer

PM me, don't want to hijack the thread.

Doctodd

15+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2005
Miami, FL
Grabois is a great guy...he helped me out when i was a resident at Baylor. It is always good to have a director stick up for his residents. Im happy to hear that Baylor/UT is starting a pain fellowship. The Brain Injury program gets plenty of money from Allergan and other sponsors for fellows(at least they did a couple of years ago), so there should be even more incentive for Pain since it can be profitable for them.

T

DOctorJay

15+ Year Member
May 8, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If a current resident wants to get a pain fellowship and a pain residency is developed, what does the resident do? will they be forced to complete another residency? do they allow the fellowships to remain open for a while?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.