New Policy on prometric center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Usagi654

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the DATS on election day and instead of scrap paper, I got an eraseboard and erasable markers. This really messed me up on the reading and math sections because I couldn't read half the things I wrote since it would get smudged and then I had to erase and write bigger which also took up so much of my time. This was a retake so I was expecting paper and pencil. Did anyone else have this problem? I took at the prometric center in NYC by grand central.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the DATS on election day and instead of scrap paper, I got an eraseboard and erasable markers. This really messed me up on the reading and math sections because I couldn't read half the things I wrote since it would get smudged and then I had to erase and write bigger which also took up so much of my time. This was a retake so I was expecting paper and pencil. Did anyone else have this problem? I took at the prometric center in NYC by grand central.

You're telling us this about 1 year late. :)
The thick pen they give is tough for everyone though. Most of us expected it though because of this site.

No kidding this was standard over a year ago...AS for the markers, yes they are useless and prometric loses a lot of money replacing them

Members don't see this ad :)
yup..i took my DAT in early sept and i was given dry-erase board but the markers were fine tip. i took my test at the prometric in west orange, nj

I had medium tip- terrible, I would have loved fine tip, smooth writing with those

Do you think they will let you bring in your own dry erase markers if you call in advance? it would really help bc if i get sh**ty markers i will be ANGRY:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::eek:

Do you think they will let you bring in your own dry erase markers if you call in advance? it would really help bc if i get sh**ty markers i will be ANGRY:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::eek:

I called went in to my center in advance to check the place out and asked them what type of markers they used. I bought a new pack the day before my test and brought them in and asked the guy who was working if i could used it with a puppy dog face...and it worked. He let me use it. It really depends on who is working that day.

Prometric does not allow you to bring your own markers. At least my center did not... I tried.

do you guys know what's the standard number of erase board sheets they give you? I was given two, but some people had gotten three!!!

i also got only 2 laminated sheets.
and 3 medium tip markers. qr section was definitely a crunch.