1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

New Policy on prometric center

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Usagi654, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Usagi654

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I took the DATS on election day and instead of scrap paper, I got an eraseboard and erasable markers. This really messed me up on the reading and math sections because I couldn't read half the things I wrote since it would get smudged and then I had to erase and write bigger which also took up so much of my time. This was a retake so I was expecting paper and pencil. Did anyone else have this problem? I took at the prometric center in NYC by grand central.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. doc3232

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You're telling us this about 1 year late. :)
    The thick pen they give is tough for everyone though. Most of us expected it though because of this site.

4. xhamburgersamx

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    No kidding this was standard over a year ago...AS for the markers, yes they are useless and prometric loses a lot of money replacing them

5. Essentials

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    seriously?

6. Albuterol

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    yup..i took my DAT in early sept and i was given dry-erase board but the markers were fine tip. i took my test at the prometric in west orange, nj

7. supraman

supraman Boston Celtics
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I had medium tip- terrible, I would have loved fine tip, smooth writing with those

8. Doc Smile

Doc Smile senior member
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Do you think they will let you bring in your own dry erase markers if you call in advance? it would really help bc if i get sh**ty markers i will be ANGRY:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::eek:

9. 911dds

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I called went in to my center in advance to check the place out and asked them what type of markers they used. I bought a new pack the day before my test and brought them in and asked the guy who was working if i could used it with a puppy dog face...and it worked. He let me use it. It really depends on who is working that day.

10. ZenoVT

ZenoVT Power Ranger
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Prometric does not allow you to bring your own markers. At least my center did not... I tried.

11. left high n dry

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    do you guys know what's the standard number of erase board sheets they give you? I was given two, but some people had gotten three!!!

12. cherr1pop

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i also got only 2 laminated sheets.
    and 3 medium tip markers. qr section was definitely a crunch.