New Pre-Pod nervous about interviewing...Lady needs advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iwtbatsitned

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I am a new pre-pod. First of all I wanted to thank all of the pre-pods that have been helpful in answering my questions through PM. I live in Houston, TX.

So my issue is that this whole interview thing is totally making me nervous. I have a interview at CSPM (Feb 11)and Temple (have not set date yet) and was wondering if someone could tell me where I can stay and how do most of you go to your interviews. Cab? Do you call the cabs ahead of time. Maybe I should PM some of you. but if there is anyone that can give me some advice or guide me to the write person to PM on this forum that would be wonderful. I will feel a lot more relaxed. I have never really flown to another state for an interview so I am a tad bit nervous on what to expect.

Thanks all of you

Members don't see this ad.

Temple should put you up at the Double-Tree. There is a free shuttle to and from the double tree hotel that you can snag at the airport if you call in advance if I remember properly; the same shuttle will also take you back to the airport but again you need to schedule this. On night before the interview, tell the people at the front desk that you need a cab at whatever time and they should either have one waiting for you in the morning, tell you who to call, or you can just walk outside and grab one yourself the morning of; nothing too scary involved.

CSPM I have no clue, but just ask the front desk of the hotel how to go about getting a cab and they should let you know. Don't Panic.

Last edited:
I had the CSPM interview already. Just remember to relax and you'll do fine. CSPM gives you a list of hotels that are around the school for you to stay at. I choose to stay at the Carl hotel 0.6 miles from St. Mary's Hospital (where the interview starts), so I was able to walk to the hospital in the morning. I brought all my luggage and stuff with me and they kept it at the hospital for me during the interview. The room only cost me 65+tax (mention St. Mary's) and I didn't have to worry about renting a car or getting a cab to get there.
The room itself was nothing special just a place to sleep. It is right by the N train so it can get noisy up until a certain time at night every time the train goes by, so if you're a light sleeper, I wouldn't recommend the hotel. otherwise if you want walking distance, its not bad at all. You can call supershuttle to pick you up from the airport too and drop you off at the airport. It's only $17 one way, not too bad, much cheaper than getting a cab to take you to your hotel. If you wanna do public transportation, it's even cheaper, around $7-8 bucks one way. hope that helps! good luck

cspm c/o 2013!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Chill out. Have a drink. Most pod interviews are laid back. If not, then don't consider the school. Uptight school interv's will lead to uptight schools, period. Avoid them. Also, read interv feedback here if not already done so. Good luck. :luck:

yeah, interview feedback was a great resource for me. It is under resources about two thirds of the way down on the podiatry tab. Relax, I was amazed at how laid back the interviews were. If you are a good candidate and truly interested in podiatry, then it will be easy and you have nothing to worry about

I drove to CSPM from Sacramento, CA and was 45 minutes late to the interview day because of all the traffic. I was very nervous to walk in because I was so late, but the resident was very understanding and just told me to relax. At St. Mary's Hospital, we had a chance to speak to the resident, 2nd year, and 3rd year students, who were all very nice and wanted to answer all of your questions. So from 9-11am you'll have the chance to ask anything to these students/residents. Then you'll have lunch and come back and have two 1-on-1 interview with two different doctors. The school provides a cab to take you to and from Oakland. There in Oakland, you'll also have two more 1-on-1 interview with the Dean and associate Dean. There's nothing really to be nervous about.

I was the only female in the group of 4. All the other guys wore suits so I felt a bit underdressed since I had only black slacks and a peacoat, but another resident said it was fine.

One of the guys stayed at Carl's hotel since it was close to the hospital and cheap, but he doesn't recommend it. I paid 18 dollar to park at the hospital all day. Other interviewees took a cab from their hotels. I guess by the end of the day, you can save some money if the other interviewees who drove can take you back to the hotel. Other than that, there's nothing to stress about so goodluck!

Last edited:
Its so nice to be part of this pre-pod forum. I have been to different areas around this forum and I feel at home with the pre-pods. Thanks so much everyone. I will relaxed. I am just ready to move forward with my life and am truely excited about starting podiatry school.

Its so nice to be part of this pre-pod forum. I have been to different areas around this forum and I feel at home with the pre-pods. Thanks so much everyone. I will relaxed. I am just ready to move forward with my life and am truely excited about starting podiatry school.

The podiatry students are mean. (Current student):poke:(Pre-Pod)

GL on your Temple interview. If you have any questions, PM me. :)