Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

New Professor to write letter of recommendation

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Angel_Eyes, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Angel_Eyes

Angel_Eyes Member
    10+ Year Member

How do I notify a school that another professor, other than the one I listed, will be submitting a LOR on my behalf??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Andrew_Doan

Andrew_Doan Doc, Author, Entrepreneur
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Verified Account 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I suggest calling the admissions office and let them know. They'll just place the letter in your file along with your application.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pocwana

pocwana MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i'd call or e-mail them to let them know, then follow it up with a written (or typed) letter.

4. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    just out of curiosity - why?

5. OP
    OP
    Angel_Eyes

Angel_Eyes Member
    10+ Year Member

I had asked this professor to write one for me in the summer when I took Ochem II with him, and he said he would. When the time came to do it he was taking a really long time. (He was about to retire and he only taught one class on MWF so he had NO office hours and was really hard to get a hold of) So, last week I went to check on the letters and the secretary said that his daughter just died. I didn't want to bother him with it anymore, especially since this just happend. So I asked my biochem / organic lab professor to write me one and she said she would!

Thanks for all your help guys!!