New Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Temple1st

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
New programs are everywhere! Now u can get MSN in 2 years if u already have a BS or BA in a different field. They have already had the 1 year BSN everywhere but the problem was getting Fin Aid. Because if u already have a Bac. it's hard to get money for 2nd Bac. But with the 2 year MSN it would be grad school = higher level = Fin Aid! Also check the web for the distant learning NP programs--great idea, learn via internet. This would help a lot of nurses who want to be NP's but can't afford to quit "the job" b/c of money needs. Also note; u can get PA online as well as MPH. Now, if they could only get MD online I would be soooo happy!! :) Gotta love this distant learning thing!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

Would you mind sharing which MPH programs fall into the distant learning category? Thanks in advance. (PS if you have the info, what are the pre-reqs, like MAT/GRE)?

Harvard, John hopkins, etc. However, Harvard u must be a doc or have a high position in healthcare. One I like is at UNC www.unc.edu you will have to follow the links to the school of public health and then from there to distant learning it is accredited by the national public health something? If you find the accrediting website (thats how i found the schools) they have a list of all school with the distant learning option. Yes u have to have GRE. It is a masters.

Members don't see this ad :)
They do have MD online. international
university of health sciences

Thanks Temple 1st, I appreciate the info.