New Rural Medicine/Underserved Sub-Forum Advisor: RuralMedicine!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted87716

I'd like to congratulate RuralMedicine on her nomination as an Advisor for the Rural Medicine/Underserved sub-forum!

Advisors are helpful to other members and encourage healthy debate and discussion. Primarily, they work through guidance and positive reinforcement.

RuralMedicine is board certified in internal medicine and pediatrics. I'm hoping that she will add balance to the rural medicine sub-forum, as rural medicine is not entirely the domain of family physicians.

Congratulations, RuralMedicine! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
May I ask why you presumed I was male? Just curious?

Dunno, hard to say...that's the funny thing about online discourse, people are frequently quite different IRL than you pictured them based on their posts.

OTOH, I'm probably exactly the way you pictured. ;)

Edit: Hey, that could be an interesting exercise...name the celebrity you think you most resemble (no cheating!) Sophiejane...? RuralMedicine...? ;)

Because you're very confrontational in some threads.

*And he starts running like the wind before he the flames begin...*:laugh:

I'd prefer to think of it as assertive and not afraid to say what I feel (or in practice advocate for what my patients need) but perhaps it comes across wrong and ifso I apologize.

On the other hand do you really believe that women are never assertive (or confrontational if you prefer)?

I'd prefer to think of it as assertive and not afraid to say what I feel (or in practice advocate for what my patients need) but perhaps it comes across wrong and ifso I apologize.

I agree, you handle yourself well, and you can tell that you are caring and passionate about your patients. We need more like you :thumbup:

Edit: Hey, that could be an interesting exercise...name the celebrity you think you most resemble (no cheating!) Sophiejane...? RuralMedicine...? ;)

What, I don't get to play?

I'm thinking of moving this thread to the Women In Medicine Forum...it's been a little quiet there, and we need something juicy!!

;)

(just kidding....continue, please!)

By the way, how come nobody thought I was male? :( Was it my Mary Catherine Gallagher avatar or my screen name that gave it away? ;)

I'm thinking of moving this thread to the Women In Medicine Forum...it's been a little quiet there, and we need something juicy!!

;)

(just kidding....continue, please!)

By the way, how come nobody thought I was male? :( Was it my Mary Catherine Gallagher avatar or my screen name that gave it away? ;)

You're female!? :eek: