New schedule or new MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Golden Hour

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes. Avoid it at all costs.

I vote to avoid it as well. No telling what that thing is going to be like and you won't score any brownie points with med schools just for taking the new one.

Members don't see this ad :)
take the old MCAT. nobody will judge you if you do. you will just look like you were prepared before others and wanted to take it to get it over with.

take the old MCAT. nobody will judge you if you do. you will just look like you were prepared before others and wanted to take it to get it over with.

Take the old one.

Seriously though, the new MCAT is really herpaderpa. What kind of exam would require Biochem, Sociology, Psychology, and Ethics? That **** cray.

Let's not even get into the removal of the Writing section. I liked the Writing section, it gave us a nice vacation before the Biological Sciences test.

I am currently in physics and am taking the MCAT in March so I won't finish the class or the lab before taking the MCAT...the concepts in lab are not different from those in class so I think you should be fine

This is what my face looked like during the trial section two weeks ago: :eek:

Is there generally a rule for how long your MCAT score is good for? I thought it might be three years, but I'm just curious.

This is what my face looked like during the trial section two weeks ago: :eek:

Yeah, that biochem section was rough.

There's 4 sections on the MCAT now and it sounds like complete BS. If you thought the material was dense enough, the new MCAT is at least 50% more to study.

Take the old MCAT, schools won't even know how to interpret scores for the new MCAT.

Not to mention there won't be any meaningful practice material on the new one for a while. Take the old one while you have all the resources to rock it.

Yeah, that biochem section was rough.

There's 4 sections on the MCAT now and it sounds like complete BS. If you thought the material was dense enough, the new MCAT is at least 50% more to study.

Take the old MCAT, schools won't even know how to interpret scores for the new MCAT.

Well to be fair that can work for your advantage as well.

Oh ****! This guy got a 45!

:p

Although in all seriousness, the AAMC will almost certainly provide each school with some documentation that details what the expected percentile breakdown for each score will be. Remember, they set the curve ahead of time to ensure they get the distribution they want.

Also, something to consider about the new MCAT is that while it's true that there will be almost no practice material out there for at least the first year, that affects everyone, not just you. This is actually one of the few times in the MCAT's history where you could conceivably get a great score without doing much prep as long as you already know the subjects well.

Last edited: