Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

New scores and AMCAS transmission

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by avr, Oct 4, 2002.

1. avr

avr

Does anyone know when/how AMCAS transmits our August scores to schools? Do we need to remind them (hope not, but with them it's always worth asking)? What about sending to schools directly? Thanks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. barakutha

barakutha Senior Member

bump bump....

Should I send a printed out cop to the schools I am applying to?

4. opus03

opus03 Senior Member

"Supposedly" AMCAS will transmit our scores directly to the schools on our application after they are sent to the computer(within the next week I guess). I don't think we are supposed to send a copy to the schools but definitely make sure your's have them in the next few weeks.

5. BananaSplit

BananaSplit Senior Member

There's a little blurb about it in the MCAT Bulletin. I can't remember exactly what it says, but something to the extent of, AMCAS will automatically send schools your new scores, and will send you an email when the scores have been sent. Can somebody back me up here?

BananaSplit

6. BananaSplit

BananaSplit Senior Member

Ok, this is on page 57 of the 2002 Announcement:

"If you take the MCAT after you have submitted your AMCAS application (for example, you submit your AMCAS application in July and taken the August MCAT), and you release those test scores to the AMCAS-participating schools, AMCAS will send updated application information to the schools to which your applied indicating your new test date and your released scores. You will receive a copy of this informaiton via an AMCAS Transmittal Notice."

BananaSplit

7. I to A

I to A Member

Some schools that I have applied to downloaded my application this Monday and tuesday-after the scores showed up on the application.

8. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg 1K Member

I to A,

how did you do? Check your PMs or email me.

Hope to hear from you soon!