New SDN question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunshine02

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How can I find out whether I've gotten replies to my posts? With the old SDN, you could go to your account and see all the threads you've started along with all your posts and replies to your posts. Where do I go to see that on the new SDN?

Members don't see this ad.

How can I find out whether I've gotten replies to my posts? With the old SDN, you could go to your account and see all the threads you've started along with all your posts and replies to your posts. Where do I go to see that on the new SDN?

"Alerts" link on the top right corner. You should see it with a "1" next to it after I post this.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, I did see it. But many times, people just reply and don't quote your posts. Therefore, it's hard to know who has replied.

took me a while to warm up to new sdn, but it's definitely a lot better

Reactions: 1 users
took me a while to warm up to new sdn, but it's definitely a lot better

Agreed.

OP, I'm not entirely sure if you get alerts if someone replies (not quoting someone you wrote) to a thread you started. But, as mentioned, you will get an alert if someone quotes you, regardless if you started the thread or not. Same goes for if someone "likes" one of your posts. Perhaps if you "watch" or "subscribe" to a thread you should get an alert any time someone posts in that threat, even if they didn't quote you.

Perhaps if you "watch" or "subscribe" to a thread you should get an alert any time someone posts in that threat, even if they didn't quote you.
This is correct. You can subscribe to a thread by clicking the words Watch Thread at the top right side of the first post in any thread. Then you'll get an Alert for new posts in that thread if you went to Alert Preferences and checked the appropriate box.

In a related question, how do I turn OFF alerts from SDN on my phone? I have notifications turned off in setting and in the app and I still get alerts at all hours. I guess I can just delete the app...

You may still be able to do this. If you go to "Your profile page" (click on your name or up at the top with the drop down menu). Click on the "postings" tab. It will list all of your posts/threads. At the bottom you can select the threads you created. I have not started a thread, so I don't know if it shows what other people have posted, but you can check.