geneman

The Transgenic Hobo
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 5, 2002
Caveman
Visit site
Status
I know there's a thread that has last year's secondary questions, but as you guys receive this year's secondaries, can you post the essay-type questions in each application, so that those of us who are being delayed by AMCAS can get started on them?

Here's Mount Sinai's two essay questions:

1. Describe a way in which you've taken initiative or exhibited leadership.

2. OPTIONAL: Indicate the reasons for your specific interest in MOunt Sinai.

chopsuey

miss independent
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2002
good question.... ;)
Visit site
Status
when did you get your secondary for sinai?? and was it via e-mail or real mail? sorry, i'm a little anxious! :p

About the Ads

Doctora Foxy

Meow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2002
Status
Medical Student
looks like sinai didn't change their application since last year :)

i got mine on their website last year.....it took them 4 months to get me their secondary (or something crazy like that)....good thing i checked online! :laugh:

SilverAngel1110

just plain old me
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2002
Over the river...
Visit site
Status
:confused: i am confused guys. i was always under the impression that i had to wait for the school to send me the secondary first before i could fill it out and send it to them... you mean some schools don't even TELL you that their secondaries are online? you just go, fill them out, send them in? without ever hearing from the school? aaaaah, please help because my premed advisor is absolutely useless in most respects. :mad:

pocwana

MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 11, 2002
L.A.
www-scf.usc.edu
Status
Medical Student
Each school is different and usually states the requirement on the website. Some you can just fill out and send because they send them to everyone. I think people are posting here so they can get a head start on the apps, but all schools will eventually contact you about sending the secondary. (unless they're screeners and outright reject you.)

Bikini Princess

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 26, 2002
Visit site
Status
I think that usually the schools which have secondaries online are the kind that will send you secondaries no matter what.

We should make a list of which schools have secondaries online already. I'll start:

1. Mt Sinai
2. University of Pittsburgh
3. Jefferson College

Any more?

J

jot

1. Mt Sinai
2. University of Pittsburgh
3. Jefferson College
4. johns hopkins
5. yayle

pocwana

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 11, 2002
L.A.
www-scf.usc.edu
Status
Medical Student
Hi guys. I've updated. If you find more, can you please post the link or e-mail it to me at HERE. (e-mail will be faster) I check out the links to make sure there's something that says entering class 2003 on it. If you want last years secondaries, go here: http://www.geocities.com/lvnh6791/paperamcas2002.htm Thanks!

SilverAngel1110

just plain old me
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2002
Over the river...
Visit site
Status
pocwana, you ROCK! but i have another question for you guys... the ones that are online, i can just fill them out and send them in without hearing from the school first? or should i wait until i hear from the school before i send it?

chopsuey

miss independent
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2002
good question.... ;)
Visit site
Status
pocwana...SWEET!! this is good stuff!:love:

Doctora Foxy

Meow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2002
Status
Medical Student
Originally posted by SilverAngel1110
pocwana, you ROCK! but i have another question for you guys... the ones that are online, i can just fill them out and send them in without hearing from the school first? or should i wait until i hear from the school before i send it?
Last year I went ahead and sent off anything I found online before receiving the go ahead from the schools. If they put it online, it's so they can get it to you faster, and then receive it faster, so IMO, you should go ahead and send them in!

pocwana

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 11, 2002
L.A.
www-scf.usc.edu
Status
Medical Student
Originally posted by SilverAngel1110
check out the instructions on each web page. some say, once you've filled out the amcas and have your id, fill it out. some say, wait until we've contacted you. if the website doesn't specify, i'd call the admissions office.

and thanks for the comments. i hope you find my website useful.

chopsuey

miss independent
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2002
good question.... ;)
Visit site
Status
wait....i'm confused? i can't find mt. sinai's secondary on-line...where did you find it and did you get notification beforehand?? if people could post receipt of notification (method/date), that would probably help! :confused:

thanks!

Doctora Foxy

Meow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2002
Status
Medical Student
pocwana, your website is awesome!

I think you should link it in your signature :)

The Mysterious Stranger

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2002
TX
Visit site
Status
All the Texas schools have their secondaries up (no screening):

1.SW (UT-Dallas): http://swnt240.swmed.edu/stuaff/medapp/

2. TX TECH: https://www.remedy.ttuhsc.edu/SecApp/letterhead.asp

3. TX A&M: http://medicine.tamu.edu/studentaffairs/AdmissionsInfo/AdmissHome.htm

4. UT San Antonio: http://studentservices.uthscsa.edu/Admissions/medsupform.pdf
***You can't submit online--you print it out and mail it in but you can fill it out before SANAN gets your primary.

5. Galveston and Houston don't have secondaries

freakazoid

Guy Friend Extraordinaire
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2002
TX
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by The Mysterious Stranger
5. Galveston and Houston don't have secondaries
Actually, for UT Houston, Mysterious Stranger, there is a secondary--all it is, though, is the sending a copy of your Selective Service card to the school. So if you're not a male btwn the ages of 18-26, then you don't have a secondary.

About the Ads