• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
Apr 22, 2009
Status
Hi guys,
Recently rewrote my MCAT. Went from a 32S (11 10 11)(rewrote because it was expiring at some schools) and moved to a 34Q (12 10 12) .. is that a big enough jump to open any new doors for me? sGPA 3.7 cGPA 3.63 grad GPA 4.00 decent EC's. What's my realistic ceiling with those stats and better than average ECs? Had interviews at mid-tier schools in the passed (UMaryland, Wayne State) and a few in Canada (I'm Canadian).

Also, I plan on taking a full year of English during this coming year to full the requirement for many schools...how can I let them know that I'm taking this, should I email them each individually? My application was just marked as processed by AMCAS and I really don't want to have to change anything on it if I missed a place for future courses.

Thanks!

CodeBlu

Dream Weaver
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2010
The Ether
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Hi guys,
Recently rewrote my MCAT. Went from a 32S (11 10 11)(rewrote because it was expiring at some schools) and moved to a 34Q (12 10 12) .. is that a big enough jump to open any new doors for me? sGPA 3.7 cGPA 3.63 grad GPA 4.00 decent EC's. What's my realistic ceiling with those stats and better than average ECs? Had interviews at mid-tier schools in the passed (UMaryland, Wayne State) and a few in Canada (I'm Canadian).

Also, I plan on taking a full year of English during this coming year to full the requirement for many schools...how can I let them know that I'm taking this, should I email them each individually? My application was just marked as processed by AMCAS and I really don't want to have to change anything on it if I missed a place for future courses.

Thanks!
It should be fine. If you didn't list it as future course work, the school will mention it to you when they accept you. As long as you have that completed before you matriculate, s'all good.

About the Ads