NEW STEP III PREP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RadTad123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea how to prepare for the proposed changes to Step III? It seems like they are going to be adding more biological science questions in November reminding me about how awful STEP I prep was, but current Q banks focus on more clinically based questions of the old Step III.
Any suggestions appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone ,
I am in a pickle here. I took CS n CK n have not taken step 1 yet! Can anyone who took the exam on saturday tell me whether they got their result by third wednesday?
I tried scheduling my exam sooner but there is no date avalaible until 10/18 ( sat), i really need the score latest by 11/5( wed).... I know they say if u take the exam between wed to fri it comes on the third wednesday n if u take on monday/tuesdayt comes on the fourth wednesday... There is no accurate data/ post about exam takers on saturdays...
Please someone who has taken either step 1 or CK on a Saturday please give me accurate info.. Im going crazy here.. Thanks a lot

I'm using "Clinical Judgement for USMLE Step 3". It's pretty detailed in terms of what tests to order, sequence of tests, pertinent basic science associated with each condition, even explains which guidelines they're basing recommendations on, and which tests/drug options show up in the practice software. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/00...=as3&tag=getbigcom-20&linkId=HI4GIZ2JVBPSP4YH

For full disclosure, it's my Amazon link.

I also grabbed Dr. Fisher's new CCS book. I looked at it (in person) to make sure it wasn't just a regurgitation of MTB3. Looks really good but I'm only about 1/3 through the other book and haven't had time to begin reading it.