• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

New Students, how many credits a semester are you taking?

kauldron26

Jun 5, 2009
so i start school sept 1, im wondering how many credits i should take ( i work full time) i am only allowed to take core classes. epi, behv, biostats and envr. can it be done to take all 12 in the same semester? or should i just take 6? i really cant wait to get my MPH and become competitive in the work world (just got laid off last week) and be capable of working and doing what i want with passion. Im tired of working jobs i really dont like.

Upvote 0
About the Ads

ratonlaveur

10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2008
USA
  1. Non-Student
I think this is kind of a school specific thing, since every school assigns their # of credits semi-arbitrarily, so they all have a different "norm" as far as # of credits to be taken each semester. For me, I'll be taking an average of 20 units per semester. (80 units total, 2 yr program)

Upvote 0

travoltage

Crank up the travoltage!
10+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2007
  1. Pre-Medical
i wish i knew but uic is soo slow with everything, i still have not received my welcome packet even though ive been accepted to the school since march and i still dont know who my advisor is.....this university is starting too seem like a bad pick for me...they cant tell me anything

Upvote 0

honeysuckle

10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2008
  1. Other Health Professions Student
Ha, UIC is still sending me big packets in the mail even though I told the admissions coordinator I'm not going to attend the school back in April. Last week they sent me a big packet with instructions for orientation. They told me who my advisor would be in my admissions letter, but I applied to a different dept than you, I believe.

I'm trying to finish my MPH in 3 semesters and I've signed up for 15 credits (4 classes) for the fall. I wanted to sign up for a 5th 2-credit class but it was already blocked...in July. The class was a core class too, and it doesn't seem right to me that they would block graduate students from core classes. At the last university I attended, graduate students are always guaranteed access to the classes they want to take even if the class is already full.

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.