New to everything...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Purple*28

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will graduate from my BA program this May, I want to attend ODS. Do I have to attend OCS before I can go to ODS? Also should I enlist and then prepare for OCS. I have been trying to get hold of a recruiter, but it seems like they are not returning calls.

I have read that it takes a year to process the application and begin the process of consideration. Does anyone have any advice or tips?

Members don't see this ad.

I will graduate from my BA program this May, I want to attend ODS. Do I have to attend OCS before I can go to ODS? Also should I enlist and then prepare for OCS. I have been trying to get hold of a recruiter, but it seems like they are not returning calls.

I have read that it takes a year to process the application and begin the process of consideration. Does anyone have any advice or tips?
If you are planning to serve as an officer, then you should not enlist before getting commissioned as an officer. With a bachelor's degree, you will be going through OCS. If you plan on getting a graduate degree and then commissioning as a health (or other) professional, then that's when you go through ODS.

Try another recruiter if the one you're contacting is not returning your calls.