1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

New to SDN.....and scared s***less about the MCAT

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by DaniDoc, Apr 18, 2004.

1. DaniDoc

DaniDoc Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi everyone,

This is my first post :)

I've read a lot of the MCAT posts put up after the test ended today, and I'm definitely in the same category with most of you - I left feeling more than slightly defeated. I had the "CK" test form....timing on the PS section was horrendous, and then the BS section was altogether disgusting. It must've been a lot like the FK version, because mine had a LOT of genetics and virtually NOTHING from: hormones, reproduction/development, homeostatic mechanisms, cell metabolism, and respiration...and like 2 questions on the digestive tract. DNA was IT.

So I have a question: IS THIS NORMAL? I took AAMC 3, 5R, 6R, and 7 in preparation for today, and ALL of them were so much more balanced in terms of content. Right at the end of my practice stuff it actually started getting fun (I know, the horror!) - doing the passages where you apply what you know from biology to address specific medical concerns. BUT THE REAL THING THAT I EXPERIENCED TODAY WAS NOTHING LIKE THAT. I'm concerned that the scores that I was getting on the practice AAMCs (in the 36-38 range) are not going to translate into good scores on the real thing. I know I can't change it now, but it's tough not to worry about it (and I'm definitely preaching to the choir here... :cool: ).

Ok, venting done, thank you very much :oops:

We'll be SPECTACULAR doctors someday.

DaniDoc

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mr Reddly

Mr Reddly Snowglobe!
    7+ Year Member

HI!
    YES! That's why the points are supposed to go up on the second time... due to exposure. :laugh: Bwahahaha

<<Click here to feel better...somewhat at least>>

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. evines

evines peek-a-boo
    10+ Year Member

I wouldn't worry too much. If you were scoring 36-38 on practice tests under real testing conditions, then it's very unlikely you'll drop off enough to have to take it again.