New to SDN.....and scared s***less about the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DaniDoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first post :)

I've read a lot of the MCAT posts put up after the test ended today, and I'm definitely in the same category with most of you - I left feeling more than slightly defeated. I had the "CK" test form....timing on the PS section was horrendous, and then the BS section was altogether disgusting. It must've been a lot like the FK version, because mine had a LOT of genetics and virtually NOTHING from: hormones, reproduction/development, homeostatic mechanisms, cell metabolism, and respiration...and like 2 questions on the digestive tract. DNA was IT.

So I have a question: IS THIS NORMAL? I took AAMC 3, 5R, 6R, and 7 in preparation for today, and ALL of them were so much more balanced in terms of content. Right at the end of my practice stuff it actually started getting fun (I know, the horror!) - doing the passages where you apply what you know from biology to address specific medical concerns. BUT THE REAL THING THAT I EXPERIENCED TODAY WAS NOTHING LIKE THAT. I'm concerned that the scores that I was getting on the practice AAMCs (in the 36-38 range) are not going to translate into good scores on the real thing. I know I can't change it now, but it's tough not to worry about it (and I'm definitely preaching to the choir here... :cool: ).

Ok, venting done, thank you very much :oops:

We'll be SPECTACULAR doctors someday.

DaniDoc

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry too much. If you were scoring 36-38 on practice tests under real testing conditions, then it's very unlikely you'll drop off enough to have to take it again.