New to SDN forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hello SDN members, I have been stalking the forum for a while now, but I never seemed to be proactive about posting anything:thumbdown:. This is my first post and I would like to introduce myself.

I'm a 21 year old Korean male that lives in Hilo, Hawaii, also I'm currently attending Hawaii Community College. I will be transferring up to University of Hawaii at Hilo Fall 2013, with an AA in Liberal Arts. I'm currently taking 23 credit hours with A's in all of my classes except for pre-calculus because I'm terrible at math:(; yes I know, I have to learn the fundamentals really well in order to pass upper division math classes with A's. I had a terrible public school education/family life and I'm trying to make up for it by taking the initiative to informally educate myself as a supplement to my formal education.

I decided that I wanted to be a dentist when I shadowed my dentist last year. The fact that I will actually be helping people by actually fixing the problem draws me even more to the idea of being a dentist, instead of prescribing drugs and hoping that they work like so many doctors out there. In addition, the high stable income is yet, another incentive to put myself through the rigors of dental school.

I hope I can join this community of like minded people who have the same goals as I do, because it's really hard to find friends who want to be dentists, here on this island in the middle of the Pacific.

Members don't see this ad.

Nice to meet you and good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope I can join this community of like minded people who have the same goals as I do, because it's really hard to find friends who want to be dentists, here on this island in the middle of the Pacific.

Regarding my advice for you on the SDN forum, I can only quote Scar from the Lion King.

"Run. Run away, and never return."

Regarding my advice for you on the SDN forum, I can only quote Scar from the Lion King.

"Run. Run away, and never return."

If this plays back like it did in the movie, he'll leave and bring back two of his buddies and a baboon.

If this plays back like it did in the movie, he'll leave and bring back two of his buddies and a baboon.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

nice to meet you, op! just be weary, don't come on this site during stressful times--set up a sdn site blocker, otherwise it might consume you. but during all other times, sdn's super helpful!

good luck to you! :)