New to SDN...Love the site..need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sexydent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in need of advice...I turned my application in early and just took the DAT and got the following:

TS 18 AA 17 PAT 19
Bio 19 QR 14
GC 16 RC 16
OC 19

I have an extensive background in volunteering and have work as a dental assistant for many years. My GPA is a 3.3...I haven't heard from any schools yet so do you think I even have a chance this year. I applied to 21 schools..should I add more schools? Help?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say your scores are in the midst of the majority of applicants. Your ECs could be the difference to put you on top of the pile. 21 schools seems like a lot of work, and suggests you don't have a state school. If you have a state school you might have a reasonable shot if you aren't on either coast.

I'm hoping you've already faxed your scores to the schools. You still need to complete secondaries and interview - timing of the whole experience might not be in your favor.

good luck.

My scores have been sent already and I just finished seconadaries..thanks for your 2-cents..

Members don't see this ad :)
21 schools seems like a ton.. i would hate to see that bill... but all your scores minus QR seem to be right around the average for a lot of schools... i agree that your EC's might be the key to putting you above the others...

good luck

most schools have min. on the dat around of 17 in all sections you should check with the schools you applied to

I don't see a problem with 21 schools seeing as I applied to 22. My scores are quite similar to yours and I can see how looking at this site might make you want to apply to more because of the incredible scores some people have attained. I'm sure you are like me and just want to make sure you get into one, thats all you need, one. If you think you can increase your odds by applying to more, and you have the money, I say why not? Good luck :)

eh.. i applied to 26. secondaries weren't bad at all. the supp fees were horrendous though.