This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted915047

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
just need to wait it out until they determine your eligilibility, once you hear from them then you can apply for the plus loans

If you finished the fafsa and sent it out then just wait. Make sure that the fafsa has been sent to the correct designated school. They should have sent you an email with that information. If you have that then just wait, they will most likely send you the financial aid package letter with further instructions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know it's already a bit late, but does anyone know till when you can submit FAFSA? Sorry, I'm new to student loans as well....

I know it's already a bit late, but does anyone know till when you can submit FAFSA? Sorry, I'm new to student loans as well....

Submit it ASAP. Like tonight.

The last day is June 30 I believe.

Why does timing matter on when you apply?

So your school can receive the thumbs up in May not the end of June when they are sending out aid packets. Also it takes 10-15 minutes to fill out.

So your school can receive the thumbs up in May not the end of June when they are sending out aid packets. Also it takes 10-15 minutes to fill out.

We have to submit parents' tax information as well, correct?

All depends on you. I don’t submit mine.

Thanks for answering all the questions! So were you able to get the loans you needed without a problem, even if you didn't submit your parents' tax information? I read the following while filling out the FAFSA application, so I thought I'd have an issue getting the loan if I didn't include my parents' information:

However, you may want to answer questions about your parents if:
  • you are a law school or health profession student (such as a medical or nursing student), or
  • your school requires parental information from all students.

Thanks for answering all the questions! So were you able to get the loans you needed without a problem, even if you didn't submit your parents' tax information? I read the following while filling out the FAFSA application, so I thought I'd have an issue getting the loan if I didn't include my parents' information:

However, you may want to answer questions about your parents if:
  • you are a law school or health profession student (such as a medical or nursing student), or
  • your school requires parental information from all students.

That is because some schools ask for that in case they want to give you campus based aid if they have it. So they want to make sure your parents aren’t billionaires even if you aren’t. I got all I needed no issue.