New to the board!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ivorymist

Don't take MAOIs with...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow I can't believe I finally stumbled upon a lively pharmacy discussion board!

Let me introduce myself...I'm 22 and am currently going to be a 3rd year pharm student at a big southeastern university. From what little bit I've read so far it seems like most of the folks here on this board are pre-pharm students or pharm students living out west.

Lots of stuff are changing at my school. It's under sooo much pressure to graduate pharmacists that they are becoming more and more lax on the graduation requirements (which is a shame but oh well...). Companies and chains are literally fighting over every single graduate trying to lure them in with outrageous salaries and bonuses months before they even receive their degree. As far as that goes I just hope it will be the same way when I'm done.

I'm so glad I found this board! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome Welcome!

Southeast huh? No we're not all from the West... I'm from Virginia! I'll be a P1 this fall. What school do you go to?

Members don't see this ad :)
I go to The University of GA. Go dawgs!

Who is that person on your pic?

Welcome to the forum!

It's great to see a diversity of pharm students appearing on this board. It'll make this place a more valuable resource to prepharm and current pharm students.

I heard the same thing from one of the P3 students I know (we are a 3 year program)...she's had a ton of inquiries from chains, companies, and headhunters. I'm starting my P2 year, and I received letters from two different headhunters asking me to keep them in consideration when I graduate. I thought that was a little weird, since I've got 2 years left.

Yeah but unfortunately when the headhunters come a lot of times students wind up in a job that they don't like.

Like there was this one graduating student I know. She really, really loved work in a hospital but when CVS came along and waved that 95k+ salary and huge bonus, she couldn't resist. Now she hates her job but the money's keeping her in it. Sad...

Yup, sometimes you wonder when you see the perks (high starting salary, huge bonus, luxury car leases, paid relocation expenses)...if it's really "combat pay".

Those headhunters are quite desperate. After all, they're being retained by chains to fill their more "difficult-to-fill" positions.

Woohoo! Another person who's not from California! Welcome, Ivorymist.