new to the forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

claireliz

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone. ive been reading for little while now, and have found loads of usefull information - thanks! i am currently a 4th year student at penn state planning to start pharm school in about 2 years. (taking a year off of classes to do a paid internship through school - so I have time to take the pcats, decide where i want to be and apply etc...) one question though -- is pharmacy work experience absoutley necessary?
thank you for all your help so far.

claire:)

Members don't see this ad.

No, its not needed, although it is helpful. My question is, why would you want to become a pharmacist? Do you know what a pharmacist does and have you seen first hand? Those types of questions will be asked in an interview. It would be a good idea to get a job as a tech, but you dont need to work 40 hours a week, just a few hours to get your feet wet and see what your getting into. I would suggest for starting out, if you want to work retail, try to work at the supermarket that has a pharmacy. 9 times out of 10 they will be slower so you wont get tossed in the fire right away (and make you run away from pharmacy!) You have a lot of pharmacy schools in your state so you should have no problem getting into one. I would have a reservation about one particular 3 year program that screwed me, but I will not say what school it is. hee hee. Good Luck!!

That school was not by any chance LECOM was it, lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyways, I have been reading the board for a long time and I am finally a memeber. For some reason I could never activate my password until now. I am very happy to be a part of this forum and I hope to learn more.

Thanks everyone;)

welcome..glad you find this forum informative..it has been helpful to me as well.. good luck in your pursuits..