New Trump Visa Limitations

About the Ads

Animalcules

5+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2015
  1. Attending Physician
My guess they will find exemptions for healthcare workers with direct COVID-19 patient contact, but it should cause delays if you don't have your visa in hand yet. This short sighted approach will hopefully be reversed day 1 after the election.

razblo

10+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2008
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I know of at least one resident at my school (not my specific program) who was accepted but between issues with Covid and their visa will not be attending.

Reactions: 1 user

Thesmilefactory

Jun 17, 2020
  1. Dentist
I know of at least one resident at my school (not my specific program) who was accepted but between issues with Covid and their visa will not be attending.

Not attending due to them not wanting to attend or not getting a visa? If the program director writes a letter to the consulate, it may work.

On that note- I am in the same boat. Was accepted at a school but couldn’t make it due to COVID travel restrictions. The program director told me that I was very unfortunate. I really think its not just me, but the entire world that is very unfortunate to be facing such tough times.

Reactions: 1 users

dentistrydmd

7+ Year Member
May 18, 2014
Not attending due to them not wanting to attend or not getting a visa? If the program director writes a letter to the consulate, it may work.

On that note- I am in the same boat. Was accepted at a school but couldn’t make it due to COVID travel restrictions. The program director told me that I was very unfortunate. I really think its not just me, but the entire world that is very unfortunate to be facing such tough times.
They would not issue you a student visa?

dentaltea43

7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2012
  1. Pre-Dental
  2. Dental Student

If you don’t mind sharing, was this a specialty program at a dental school or hospital? Did they give you the option to defer to next year?

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.