New Update From AMCAS!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XX scooby doo doo XX

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just in case you didn't get this email from AMCAS:

Dear AMCAS Applicant,

AMCAS looks forward to working with you during the 2002 entering class application year. In anticipation of the application season, and in response to numerous questions we've received, here are recommendations and reminders to help guide you through the process.

AMCAS Recommendations and Reminders

1. Verify that your application is complete and that you have read all instructions before certifying and submitting the application. Remember that only certain application items can be changed once you have submitted; medical schools prefer to receive one complete application rather than several changed versions.

2. Print a copy of your application for your records.

3. Keep your preferred e-mail address up-to-date at all times. E-mail is the primary mode of communication used by AMCAS, so change your e-mail address as often as necessary. To change it, simply log back into your application, enter the corrected e-mail address, and re-certify and submit your application.

4. Confirm that you have requested all required transcripts to be sent directly to AMCAS.

5. Some applicants have expressed concern about a June 18 AMCAS application deadline. June 18 is not a deadline; rather, it is the first day that AMCAS will accept applications. There are only two deadlines you must be concerned about: 1) the August 1 Early Decision Program (EDP) deadline for EDP applicants, and 2) the school-specific deadlines of your designated medical school(s)—the first is October 15, 2001.

6. We anticipate that AMCAS online traffic will be exceptionally high during the last two weeks of June. Therefore, to make the process run as smoothly as possible, from June 18-22 please observe the following guidelines in submitting your application:

*June 18: Early Decision Program (EDP) applicants only submit their applications. These applicants have the earliest deadline.

*June 19: Non-EDP Applicants whose last names begin with A-E.
*June 20: Non-EDP Applicants whose last names begin with F-K.
*June 21: Non-EDP Applicants whose last names begin with L-R.
*June 22: Non-EDP Applicants whose last names begin with S-Z.

Thanks in advance for adhering to these recommendations, and best wishes in your application process.

AMCAS

Members don't see this ad.

This is bull ****! I am still unable to input my course grades into the damn system!

I hope people don't think that they HAVE to send it in on the 18th or that week. It's not really due until October.

I think July is just fine, hopefully there will be less traffic so that you can imput your grades.