New US News rankings out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Merging with the other thread on the topic.

Members don't see this ad.

What percentage of people who apply to Mayo end up with an acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not to be pedantic or anything, but does anyone know why UConn dropped 10+ spots mid 50s to mid 60s? I know that we're not really supposed to glean too much from US News ranking lists but if all the other schools remained relatively stagnant it raises some questions.

buffalo beat stony, brb, taking mah anti depressant.

And the Baylor-UTSW debate heats up...

I always get confused when I see people here say QFT and then agree with someone because at least in my mind it's always meant "quit f-ing talking" but a quick google search tells me that apparently it means "quoted for truth." sort of opposite :laugh:

anyone know where UCI ranked last year? they aren't ranked on this list for some raisin and I can't find the old list anywhere.

did no one catch that he said "raisin"? *sigh* I'm so bored waiting for school to start :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
Wow. Fantastic read. I wish someone would do for medical schools what that one guy did for law schools and let you tweak the rankings yourself by assigning all the different variables your own subjective weights.

I decided to bump this gem in order to share an interesting piece on why the US News Rankings (and most other rankings for that matter) are bogus. Enjoy.

The Order of Things: What College Rankings Really Tell Us
while the substance of the article rings true, it makes the maddeningly common assumption that low sticker price = low cost. i'll bet you a burger that at the same level of need, the student at yale will be incomparably better off financially at the end of his college years than the penn state student. the former will likely have a fraction of the loan burden