New USMLE Review Site

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scott_L

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
McGraw-Hill unveiled this site at AMSA. I was wondering if any of you have looked at the site and what you thought of the content.

www.usmleasy.com

Members don't see this ad.

It's a good source for info, but the question format is like the NMS, where one vignette may have 2 or 3 questions attached. It can skew your scores, so I won't focus too much on it. And I too, saw a couple of mistakes..but I thought the site was nice. With a little fine tuning, it may give Q-bank a run for the money!

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, i've noticed quite a few errors and glitches. i kind of think it is a lot easier than qbank. i agree though, i like the free part.

seems definitely easier than q-bank...after about 150 ques.

But why the multiple questions per/vignette though...they are trying to simulate the boards and compete with kaplans right?:confused: :confused:

they also ask the same damn questions over and over. i can't find any option to only ask me questions that i haven't seen before. kind of leads to percetange inflation.

Does anyone know if this is just a computerized format of the Pretest books? I've only done 25 questions, but one of the questions was word-for-word from Pretest's Step 1 review book. I've heard that the Pre-test books weren't as good as Q-bank. Just wondering. Back to First Aid!!

I would not be suprised if they are pre-test Qs.

I contacted customer service asking if the questions were from the Pretest series. This was their response:

Thank you for your email regarding the source of questions in USMLEasy.com. You are correct that most of the questions in USMLEasy are from the PreTest books. We are, however, actively working on adding new questions and plan for the two product lines to diverge in the near future.

So I've been doing subject questions from here.... Are the anatomy/histology/cell bio and biochem sections representative of the real thing? I know these sections are a small percentage of the test, but a lot of the subjects of these questions (i.e. laminin, pics of placenta, cell membranes) aren't in first aid (or in very little detail).

thanks

I like the site. I don't think it can compete with Q-bank. The questions are a bit shorter, but I like it. I'll use it a ton before my test.

I've definitely seen some of those Step 2 questions before from the Pre-test subject books.

Not a bad site. Too bad it's only free until May 31.