• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Idiopathic

Newly Minted
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2003
Here
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Ive done about 100 questions...it looks similar to QBank, but there was a pretty significant error on the first (randomized) question I encountered. We'll see...

Cristagali

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
It's a good source for info, but the question format is like the NMS, where one vignette may have 2 or 3 questions attached. It can skew your scores, so I won't focus too much on it. And I too, saw a couple of mistakes..but I thought the site was nice. With a little fine tuning, it may give Q-bank a run for the money!

About the Ads

souljah1

Attending
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2002
yeah, i've noticed quite a few errors and glitches. i kind of think it is a lot easier than qbank. i agree though, i like the free part.

tega

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2002
Status
seems definitely easier than q-bank...after about 150 ques.

But why the multiple questions per/vignette though...they are trying to simulate the boards and compete with kaplans right?:confused: :confused:

souljah1

Attending
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2002
they also ask the same damn questions over and over. i can't find any option to only ask me questions that i haven't seen before. kind of leads to percetange inflation.

lindyloohoo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2003
Visit site
Status
Does anyone know if this is just a computerized format of the Pretest books? I've only done 25 questions, but one of the questions was word-for-word from Pretest's Step 1 review book. I've heard that the Pre-test books weren't as good as Q-bank. Just wondering. Back to First Aid!!

Scott_L

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2001
Baltimore, MD
LWW.com
Status
I contacted customer service asking if the questions were from the Pretest series. This was their response:

Thank you for your email regarding the source of questions in USMLEasy.com. You are correct that most of the questions in USMLEasy are from the PreTest books. We are, however, actively working on adding new questions and plan for the two product lines to diverge in the near future.

lindyloohoo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2003
Visit site
Status
So I've been doing subject questions from here.... Are the anatomy/histology/cell bio and biochem sections representative of the real thing? I know these sections are a small percentage of the test, but a lot of the subjects of these questions (i.e. laminin, pics of placenta, cell membranes) aren't in first aid (or in very little detail).

thanks

Jaded Soul

Proloxil > Zoloft
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2003
Visit site
Status
I've definitely seen some of those Step 2 questions before from the Pre-test subject books.

Not a bad site. Too bad it's only free until May 31.

About the Ads