New USnews rankings out!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cookiemonsters

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
I haven't the slightest as to how the Primary Care rankings are assessed, but the changes seem to be much greater than the Research rankings.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ron-Burgundy-This-Just-In-No-One-Cares.jpg

I don't think that anyone cares about the rankings aside from a very small minority of people. Most people kind of view them as joke.

Reactions: 11 users
I don't think that anyone cares about the rankings aside from a very small minority of people. Most people kind of view them as joke.

To make a small amendment, I think plenty of people care about rankings. Only, most of those who do are not the ones who are currently, or have in the past, pursued medical school.

Mayo is #27? :eyebrow:

List invalidated.

Reactions: 6 users
Yeah, we already know the schools that are going to be in the top. They have not changed very much at all over how ever many years. But, as someone still waiting on offers, I was eager to view the new admissions statistics (i.e. the number of interviews, acceptances, and enrollments). I am not sure where they get the numbers, but last years stats were consistent with MSAR from the aamc.

Yeah, we already know the schools that are going to be in the top. They have not changed very much at all over how ever many years. But, as someone still waiting on offers, I was eager to view the new admissions statistics (i.e. the number of interviews, acceptances, and enrollments). I am not sure where they get the numbers, but last years stats were consistent with MSAR from the aamc.

Agreed, some schools admissions statistics seem way off....

NYU moved way up! Glad to see UCSF tied with Johns Hopkins lol......these rankings don't really change much lol.

Reactions: 5 users
I brought my ruler! Drop 'em, guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, the rankings are sponsored by SGU?

Jeeze that seems sketch...

I think the number of applicants cited at a school can vary pretty wildly depending on what they use as a definition of "applicant." Apparently, more students send in a primary than the number who complete the secondary, send in the extra application fee or send in the required letters of recommendation. So the number of "completed" applications is sometimes only half the number of initial applications.

A few more texas schools appear on the list this year! Some interesting rankings, to say the least :0

Is US News the same company that does Buzzfeed?

Top 25 medical schools revealed... You won't believe number 7!

Reactions: 4 users
... I can't find my alma mater. Just kidding fools, I'm a top 20 and now I am worth more than you bottom feeders in the eyes of all mankind! Bwhahahhahahaah.

Reactions: 1 user
How does NYU keep rising so much?

What I take away: how is in-state Texas tuition so cheap and what's wrong with everyone else? Several $1x,xxx rates and Texas A&M even at $12,xxx.

The most interesting thing is how much tuition has gone up since I attended. $12-15k depending on the school.

Reactions: 1 user
The most interesting thing is how much tuition has gone up since I attended. $12-15k depending on the school.

Hell, the total cost of attendance for four years at my institution has gone up by $20-30k and I haven't even graduated.

Reactions: 3 users