Quantcast

New York 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PT2024

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Greeting to all my fellow applicant for the cycle of 2020-2021,

We all shared the craziness and hardship during the COVID-19. I hope we can make all of us succeed during this cycle.

I just got my three applications verified by PTCAS today. I currently applying for Columbia and NYU for this cycle. I was offered on the waitlist from Columbia DPT the last cycle and have not heard anything back from the school yet.

Reactions: 1 users

layhas1010

Reaction score
I received an interview invitation for Columbia last week! Interested to see how it goes virtually.

Reactions: 1 user

theT333

Reaction score
I had my interview in the second week of October. Found out I was accepted third week of October. They are using rolling admissions so I am glad I applied in August as well.

lha118

Reaction score
Has anyone heard from NYU? My application was verified early October and I have not received anything about a next step (regardless of it being positive or negative).

adrianhc97

Reaction score
Has anyone heard from NYU? My application was verified early October and I have not received anything about a next step (regardless of it being positive or negative).

I heard nothing from them until last week when they invited me for an interview this Friday. They called first so check your messages.

lha118

Reaction score
I heard nothing from them until last week when they invited me for an interview this Friday. They called first so check your messages.
Oooh thank you! Did they send an email too? I’m teaching abroad in Thailand right now and won’t receive calls! Good luck moving forward!

adrianhc97

Reaction score
Oooh thank you! Did they send an email too? I’m teaching abroad in Thailand right now and won’t receive calls! Good luck moving forward!

Oh that’s interesting! Yeah if they don’t reach you I’m sure they’d send you an email.

pharoahDPT

Reaction score
I just heard back from CSI and thankfully got accepted for the Summer 2021 cycle. Anyone else here applied or accepted by CSI?

Members don't see this ad :)

NZerb

Reaction score
I just heard back from CSI and thankfully got accepted for the Summer 2021 cycle. Anyone else here applied or accepted by CSI?

I am a current CSI DPT student. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions about the program, professors, etc.!

pharoahDPT

Reaction score
I am a current CSI DPT student. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions about the program, professors, etc.!

Thanks for offering your help! I guess I have 2 questions, What has been your hardest & most enjoyable class(es)? and How hard are the yearly exams, are all courses' material equally divided in the exam?

lwyatt1

Reaction score
Just got called for an interview at NYU!

NZerb

Reaction score
Thanks for offering your help! I guess I have 2 questions, What has been your hardest & most enjoyable class(es)? and How hard are the yearly exams, are all courses' material equally divided in the exam?

I guess the hardest would be a mix between Upper Extremity Kines and Gross Anatomy only because due to COVID-19 we had to switch Anatomy to the fall and a lot of what we learn in Kines has to do with Anatomy and we haven't covered everything in Anatomy yet, but I think you will be taking Anatomy in the summer as it usually is offered via hybrid. My most enjoyable classes are Psychosocial and Ethics.

I have not taken a yearly exam yet. Those are taken at the start of your second year and the start of your third year. I am only in my first year at the moment, but I what I can tell you is it consists of two parts. The first is a multiple choice exam that you need to score a 70 on. The second portion is a Pass/Fail based on your first clinical affliation in November and December of your second year.

pharoahDPT

Reaction score
I guess the hardest would be a mix between Upper Extremity Kines and Gross Anatomy only because due to COVID-19 we had to switch Anatomy to the fall and a lot of what we learn in Kines has to do with Anatomy and we haven't covered everything in Anatomy yet, but I think you will be taking Anatomy in the summer as it usually is offered via hybrid. My most enjoyable classes are Psychosocial and Ethics.

I have not taken a yearly exam yet. Those are taken at the start of your second year and the start of your third year. I am only in my first year at the moment, but I what I can tell you is it consists of two parts. The first is a multiple choice exam that you need to score a 70 on. The second portion is a Pass/Fail based on your first clinical affliation in November and December of your second year.
Thank you for the insightful information!

Inowioypid

Reaction score
Having an interview with NYU tomorrow! For those of you who have already done the interview, what are some typical questions and how was the atmosphere?

letsdothisptthing

Reaction score
Having an interview with NYU tomorrow! For those of you who have already done the interview, what are some typical questions and how was the atmosphere?
Very typical interview questions! Like why NYU, strength/weakness, why Pt, etc. nothing random that caught me off guard. The faculty members I had were so friendly and they made me feel really comfortable. A little intimidating to have 3 people interviewing you tho, however, just relax and the conversation was really chill!

Inowioypid

Reaction score
Very typical interview questions! Like why NYU, strength/weakness, why Pt, etc. nothing random that caught me off guard. The faculty members I had were so friendly and they made me feel really comfortable. A little intimidating to have 3 people interviewing you tho, however, just relax and the conversation was really chill!
Wow thanks for the quick reply! It def makes me feel a lot better. Did they say how long would it take for them to get back to you?

dpt1910

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I applied to NYMC and haven't heard from them. Did anyone get an interview invite or anything else?

spicerde

Reaction score
Anyone on this thread apply to Hunter? Went through interviews? Heard a decision yet?

future_PT1996

Reaction score
Heard back yesterday that I was accepted by NYU! I interviewed on November 14th.

Reactions: 3 users

mcblondie219

Reaction score
Anyone on this thread apply to Hunter? Went through interviews? Heard a decision yet?
I submitted my 9/15 and interviewed 11/10, but they said that was their first week of interviews and to not expect to hear back for 4-6 weeks but email if you have other offers and they might know earlier.

adrianhc97

Reaction score
was it mostly typical questions? like why PT

Yeah typical questions with nothing out of the ordinary, I had 2 faculty talking to just me. Dr Masaracchio is really nice and passionate so his questions were more of a fun discussion format

after-limit

Reaction score
Yeah typical questions with nothing out of the ordinary, I had 2 faculty talking to just me. Dr Masaracchio is really nice and passionate so his questions were more of a fun discussion format
Oh okay thank you! I thought it was a group interview

Reaction score
I was also accepted into NYU dpt program! Is anyone attending? I love the program but the tuition is very expensive!

future_PT1996

Reaction score
I was also accepted into NYU dpt program! Is anyone attending? I love the program but the tuition is very expensive!
I’m waiting to hear back from another school before making a final decision. While tuition is high I really liked their program as well. I wish it was slightly more affordable it would make my decision much easier.

Inowioypid

Reaction score
Oh okay thank you! I thought it was a group interview
It is a group interview! Just basic questions and it was 2 interviewers vs. 3 of us.
Each of us took turns to answer the same question, but it was really experience-related questions so nobody can really "steal your answers". I applied mid-September, interviewed 11/6, and got accepted 11/20. Hope this helps!

after-limit

Reaction score
It is a group interview! Just basic questions and it was 2 interviewers vs. 3 of us.
Each of us took turns to answer the same question, but it was really experience-related questions so nobody can really "steal your answers". I applied mid-September, interviewed 11/6, and got accepted 11/20. Hope this helps!
Yes it does, thank you so much!

ptwannabe2021

Reaction score
Hi i am trying to decide between Columbia and Northwestern so I would love to talk to some people who are going to Columbia.

mcblondie219

Reaction score
Hi i am trying to decide between Columbia and Northwestern so I would love to talk to some people who are going to Columbia.
I’m currently between Columbia and Marist and would love to be involved in that conversation!