New York 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard from Touro Manhattan?
Was sent an acceptance email Tuesday afternoon with directions on how to proceed forward. I got into another program however, which was my top choice, so I won't be moving forward with Touro.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was sent an acceptance email Tuesday afternoon with directions on how to proceed forward. I got into another program however, which was my top choice, so I won't be moving forward with Touro.
If you dont mind me asking what is the other school you got into and what about it made you pick it over touro?

If you dont mind me asking what is the other school you got into and what about it made you pick it over touro?
Columbia, felt like a great fit and opportunity. I have not seen or read a lot about Touro specifically the Manhattan campus aside from some mixed opinions about the staff or facilities. I am sure every program has it's pros and cons of course. But the faculty at Columbia and the current students seemed to have genuine relationships and the program is intriguing for sure.

Awesome congratulations! Im not sure yet I want to wait for other schools before I make my decision. What about you?
Thanks, you too! Same here. Although it was one of my top choices so it is pretty likely I'll go!

It’s been quiet for 2 weeks since I interviewed with NYU and I’m so anxious:(

Oh nice! Congrats! Did they email or call you?
Thank you! I first received an email letting me know that a decision for my application was available on the Hunter DPT application portal, but then received an acceptance email from the chairwoman before I even looked at the Hunter portal. They expect a decision within two weeks of your acceptance letter receipt via email to their department directly and also acceptance on the portal itself.

Interviewed for Columbia on 11/24 and haven’t heard anything but have seen that others who interviewed around the same time have. Did anyone here interview around the same time/hear anything. It’s been less than 2 weeks, but everything I’ve seen is that they post relatively quickly ...getting nervous !

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed for Columbia on 11/24 and haven’t heard anything but have seen that others who interviewed around the same time have. Did anyone here interview around the same time/hear anything. It’s been less than 2 weeks, but everything I’ve seen is that they post relatively quickly ...getting nervous !
I haven’t heard back yet either and also interviewed on 11/24. I’m just waiting on Columbia to make my final decision.

Anyone on this thread apply to Hunter? Went through interviews? Heard a decision yet?
Applied to Hunter in mid-October. Had my interview last Monday. They said decisions will be made later this month / January.

Columbia people!! How long did it take for you to hear back? I have seen different responses in terms of time everywhere. Did the info session 11/23 and interview 11/24 - I thought it went really well, but am getting more and more nervous. Any insights would be so appreciated!

Reactions: 1 user
Columbia people!! How long did it take for you to hear back? I have seen different responses in terms of time everywhere. Did the info session 11/23 and interview 11/24 - I thought it went really well, but am getting more and more nervous. Any insights would be so appreciated!
I was interviewed 11/27 and heard back 12/2 but they gave me until January 4th to commit/make a decision. It could be taking a while because they’re waiting for the group to make decisions and will go from there? Just a hunch.

I was interviewed 11/27 and heard back 12/2 but they gave me until January 4th to commit/make a decision. It could be taking a while because they’re waiting for the group to make decisions and will go from there? Just a hunch.
Hmm ok thank you. Did the email come from Ms. Kim?

Same here 😭 I’m disappointed but not losing hope. Apparently there’s a very long waitlist.
Same :// there's SO many people that interviewed I am not super hopeful, but keeping my fingers crossed

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard from NYU recently? I still have no updates from them since I applied in September. I’ve sent them 2 emails and no response. Are interviews over already?

I
Has anyone heard from NYU recently? I still have no updates from them since I applied in September. I’ve sent them 2 emails and no response. Are interviews over already?
I applied mid October, interviewed 12/11 and heard back 12/18. Not sure what the interview status is but it was pretty quick once they got in contact

Hey! I just heard from them the other week. They called Wednesday 12/9, interviewed 12/11 and waiting for a response. So they are still interviewing as of two weeks ago. Keep the faith!

That makes me a little salty lol because they made a big deal during my interview in October about not being able to follow the traffic rules and requiring the deposit within 2 weeks of acceptance so I had to submit mine back in November to keep my place

Just received interview invitation on Saturday 1.23. Could you guys give me some advice on how the process is?

How is everybody doing? I interviewed with NYU on November 21st. Has anyone heard back that interviewed around this same time? Wishing everybody all the best!

I just gave up my seat at NYU hopefully this moves someone off the waitlist !

Reactions: 2 users
Just received my rejection letter for NYU 😭 it’s okay though its way to expensive for me anyways. Good luck to you all!

Just received my rejection letter for NYU 😭 it’s okay though its way to expensive for me anyways. Good luck to you all!
I got rejected as well. Although, I was looking forward to attending NYU! All the best, Jen.