New York COM, Jonesboro Campus (NYIT-COM, Jonesboro) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewing here on Monday! Any tips y'all? Or non-standard questions that they ask?:)

EDIT: Just read above that interview style is two 1 on 1 interviews...[thanks movinonup!]

Anyone coming for the interview on NOV 7, Monday? If so what would be common interview questions. Thank you
I'll see ya Monday! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewing here on Monday! Any tips y'all? Or non-standard questions that they ask?:)

EDIT: Just read above that interview style is two 1 on 1 interviews...[thanks movinonup!]

I'll see ya Monday! :thumbup:

No surprise questions for me. Interviews were mostly conversational with a few standard interview questions. Interviewers were friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I have been checking my mailbox obsessively on the daily. Hopefully the decisions come in soon

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed 10/13... hoping to hear something soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Was hoping for good news in the mail today but it's still left unanswered. This wait is brutal.

Interviewed today! Such awesome people! Let the waiting game begin!

Last edited:
Nothing yet, huh?

Nope! The response is through snail mail and according to another SDN user, they were just sent out last week or so. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your interview though! They really were very friendly and the school seems so well kept.

Ya they said 4-6 weeks! That's torture lol The school did seem very well kept. I love the technology and the OMM lab is ammmmazing!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just had the admissions office in NY call me.

They needed to know my major. Talk about an adrenaline rush!

I know the acceptance or denial will come through mail but still!

I was told we would be called with a decision?

I interviewed 11/10 and was told mail in 4-6 weeks.

Just had the admissions office in NY call me.

They needed to know my major. Talk about an adrenaline rush!

I know the acceptance or denial will come through mail but still!
Major was not listed on your college transcripts? i guess they don't look at transcripts,lol

Major was not listed on your college transcripts? i guess they don't look at transcripts,lol

I guess not lol. On my AACOMAS its listed as other- not specified because they didn't have an option for cell and molecular biology.

I so badly want to feel like NY had my file for a good reason :)

Heres to hoping!

just got an interview invite, probably withdrawing

I interviewed 9/22 and haven't heard anything yet! Lol

I interviewed 9/22 and haven't heard anything yet! Lol

I wonder if they haven't had enough applicants to review. While I was there they said they don't meet on a schedule but they'll sit down when they get enough applications to review.

I wonder if they haven't had enough applicants to review. While I was there they said they don't meet on a schedule but they'll sit down when they get enough applications to review.
I interviewed on 10/31. They told our group that decisions for previous groups would be sent out within 1-2 weeks. Our group is the first of the second batch to be reviewed.

I guess not lol. On my AACOMAS its listed as other- not specified because they didn't have an option for cell and molecular biology.

I so badly want to feel like NY had my file for a good reason :)

Heres to hoping!
I think it's a good sign that they're looking into file and finding details, so keep your hope high.

I think it's a good sign that they're looking into file and finding details, so keep your hope high.

I'm hoping it's a good thing. Not sure why they'd need to look at my file at the main campus post interview!

We shall see.

Did you interview here?

I interviewed on 10/31. They told our group that decisions for previous groups would be sent out within 1-2 weeks. Our group is the first of the second batch to be reviewed.

Thanks for that update! I hope your interview went well! and hopefully we hear something soon! The wait is giving me so much anxiety!

Blessthefall, any good news yet, i am desperately waiting for your news, but don't worry you will hear good news in snail mail this week. give me updates

@star2006 Didn't get any word on Monday. Out of town for the time being, hoping to hear something when I get back!

I have deposits due at other schools. If I don't hear back by December 1st, this school is out of the running for me.

Interviewed here on 9/19, 8 weeks has gone by with no word :( When I called in a couple weeks ago though, they mentioned that they were later than expected on getting back to us. Fingers crossed!

Interviewed here on 9/19, 8 weeks has gone by with no word :( When I called in a couple weeks ago though, they mentioned that they were later than expected on getting back to us. Fingers crossed!

Yeah, I interviewed on 9/25 and emailed them 2 weeks ago asking for an update. I was told that we should expect a letter in the mail in "a few days". I think approx 14 days past that point is longer than the appropriate use of the word "few". I've been accepted to my #1 school but I'm still interested to know this school's decision- if only because I've been waiting to hear back for soon-to-be 2 months.

Acceptance letter today!!! Interviewed on 10/6.

Finally!!! Congrats!!!

Accepted via snail mail! Interviewed 10/31

Maybe the mailing times are different