New York Medical College and GW

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mams, Feb 23, 2001.

1. mams

mams Junior Member

I was just wondering if any of you have heard from either NY medical College or GW? I haven't heard about anyone getting interviews to NY Medical College.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lboroom

lboroom New Member

I received an interview invitation from New York Medical college in the mail about 2 weeks ago.

4. yigit

yigit Senior Member

I got mine about three weeks ago. I leave for NY on Monday. I know they are still sending them because my friend recently recieved one.

5. I have an interview in March at GW, but I have not heard back from NY medical college since I sent my secondary.

6. jimi

jimi Senior Member

I had GW in September and they got back to me about a month later. I had my NY Med interview early Nov. and heard about in Jan. I'm pretty sure they are still both inviting for interviews though. Also, at my interviews most people had gotten off the waitlists so even if you interview late, I think there is a great chance of ending up there if you like.

7. I'm interviewing at GWU on Thursday (they are calling people who live nearby to fill some recent dates) and interviewed at NYMC in December. Still waiting anxiously for a decision from NYMC; no acceptance here yet! Apparently they made decisions on our files (those of us who interviewed in the first couple weeks of December) and began mailing out decisions late last week. Best of luck!

8. son of ny

son of ny Junior Member

hey mams,
    I have not heard from
    NYMED,
    GW,
    Mt. Sinai,
    Stony Brook,or
    Tufts

9. jerseygirl

jerseygirl Member

To add my two cents, I have not heard a word post-secondary from the following schools yet:

NY Medical
    Jefferson
    Tufts
    Mount Sinai
    St. Louis

I know that all of them interview till april at least, but time is running out and the waiting is so awfully frustrating and mind-numbing.

Does anyone know if any of these schools have sent out any rejections to people without having interviewed them? I would love to know (so that I can stop obsessing over these schools) if I am still being considered at these schools or if they just haven't gotten around to mailing the dreaded rejections yet....

Wake Forest tells me that I am in the second interview pool, which they may or may not get to pull interviewees from this year. aaaugh....

10. skelly99

skelly99 Member

A friend of mine got a rejection from Jefferson this weekend. Haven't heard anything about the others, but I don't think that they have sent out rejections yet.

11. WestGirl

WestGirl Member

Attending Physician
    I got an interview invite from NYMC at the end of Feb and went to the interview at couple days later (there was a cancellation). It was that date or I had to wait until the end of April, so I know they interview through April. If you are scheduled for an interview later, call once in awhile to ask about cancellations, it's likely you'll get an earlier date.

12. Christiangirl

Christiangirl Banned
    Banned

Hey jimi -
    Will you have to be making "difficult" choices based on your ranking? Did you get the "thumbs up" from Duke and Harvard?

13. jerseygirl

jerseygirl Member

I just received a rejection from St. Louis on Friday, so that school is effectively off my "haven't heard anything from them" list. Now there are only 5 schools who I haven't heard ANYTHING from yet, but who I know are still interviewing till at least April:

NY Medical
    Jefferson
    Tufts
    Mount Sinai
    Wake Forest

14. I have not heard anything from the following schools:

Dartmouth
    Jefferson
    Tufts
    Loyola
    St.Louis
    Emory
    New York Med
    USC
    Loma Linda- I called them today and was told a letter was sent out recently. Does anybody know if that is good or bad?

JerseyGirl, when was your application complete for St. Louis? I sent mine in on 12/15/00. I called them today and they said it is under review!? Also I got a letter from Mt. Sinai a few weeks ago telling me that I am on hold for a possible later interview.

[This message has been edited by the_rock (edited 03-13-2001).]

15. jerseygirl

jerseygirl Member

Hey again Rock,

Seems like we have a lot of the same concerns and schools we're interested in... I believe my SLU app was complete sometime in early November. i do know that they interview till mid April, so that's good news for you. and congratulations on the Mt. Sinai hold news, I still haven't heard one word from them after they notified me that my app was complete!

jerseygirl

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. s2417

s2417 Junior Member

Hello everyone. Since the title of this topic is NYMC and GW, I wanted to ask ppl here what they think of each school. I don't intend to start a name-calling, agressive attacks on each other, but I'd like to hear from people what are the advantages and disadvantages for each school...besides $$$. If you had to choose, which one would it be, and why. Any useful information would be very appreciated. Also, does anyone know anything about residency matches for GW? How well do they do? I know that NYMC is pretty good (it's on their website). Thanks a bunch!

[This message has been edited by s2417 (edited March 28, 2001).]