New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medical22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who want to attend New York Medical College, I would like to know why it is your first choice or on the top of your list. I have never visited NYMC, but would like to know more about it from those who have researched the school and want to go there. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else interviewing there tomorrow, like me? :p

Med22,I'll let you know what I think of it.

Originally posted by serpiente:
•Anyone else interviewing there tomorrow, like me? :p

Med22,I'll let you know what I think of it.•••

Congrats for the interview and best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it pointless to check my status check online everyday? I'm still waiting to hear from them since my app was complete in october....did anyone who interviewed there check online, or just wait for the email?

Also, to anyone who received their interview-error email, did anyone call up to make sure it was a mistake? I'm getting paranoid :p

Dr. Foxy--Don't check the status, just wait for the email. Yesterday, there were several candidates who had received the error-email interviewing. Each of them received a new invitation, AFTER the erroneous one, and called to schedule their interviews. They seemed pretty pissed about it too.

M22-- I liked NYMed. It's good for anyone interested in primary care especially. Selling points: good primary care prep, diverse clincal opportunities, one on one clinical skills training, nice suburban area, close to NYC, good prep for boards, and high passing rates, nice facilities (state of the art anatomy lab).
Not so good points: $$$ tuition, not many research opportunities, not "in" the city, not highly ranked, etc. I think it's really a personal decision though. If you have the opportunity, definitely visit. I can't say if I would definitely go there, I think it really depends on what other choices I have. But I'm not sorry I interviewed there, certainly. Good luck guys.