New York, New York!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Damccookster

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dunno, I feel like the rest of the country is getting a lot of love on this forum and I would like to make sure that all NY applicants have a place to go! Most of the deadlines for NY schools have passed, so where is everyone going and why did you choose there? Post your stats first and then your reason for attending said school.

Guess I'll go first:

COLLEGE: Boston College (Class of 2009)
MAJOR: Communications and Sociology
GPA (at graduation): 2.7 (really didn't take college seriously in the beginning)

COLLEGE (post bachelor): Queensborough Community College
Major: Health Sciences
GPA (all pre reqs taken here): 3.7
OVERALL GPA (Boston College and QCC): 3.0 (so happy I boosted it up!)

GRE: 147 V, 151 Q, 4.5 W

HOURS: > 300 Inpatient Hospital, Veterans Hospital, Private Practice, Home Care Pediatrics, Traumatic Brain Injury

APPLIED: CUNY Hunter, CUNY Staten Island, SUNY Downstate, SUNY Stony Brook, New York Medical College, NYIT, NYU, Dominican College, Mercy College, Touro College (Bay Shore and Manhattan), LIU, Emory University and North Georgia State College and University

INTERVIEWS: CUNY Hunter, CUNY Staten Island, SUNY Downstate, SUNY Stony Brook, New York Medical College, NYIT, NYU, Dominican College, Mercy College, Touro College (Bay Shore and Manhattan) - doesn't interview.

WAITLISTED: N/A

REJECTED: CUNY Hunter

ACCEPTED: SUNY Downstate, SUNY Stony Brook, New York Medical College, NYIT, NYU, Dominican College, Mercy College, Touro College (Bay Shore)

ATTENDING: Not sure yet, 90% sure SUNY Stony Brook though

I loved the school when I went to visit, faculty seemed interested, the current students couldn't say enough good things and the facilities are great. I did love NYU when I interviewed but the money aspect cannot be overlooked (127k vs. 75k).

Members don't see this ad.

I dunno, I feel like the rest of the country is getting a lot of love on this forum and I would like to make sure that all NY applicants have a place to go! Most of the deadlines for NY schools have passed, so where is everyone going and why did you choose there? Post your stats first and then your reason for attending said school.

Guess I'll go first:

COLLEGE: Boston College (Class of 2009)
MAJOR: Communications and Sociology
GPA (at graduation): 2.7 (really didn't take college seriously in the beginning)

COLLEGE (post bachelor): Queensborough Community College
Major: Health Sciences
GPA (all pre reqs taken here): 3.7
OVERALL GPA (Boston College and QCC): 3.0 (so happy I boosted it up!)

GRE: 147 V, 151 Q, 4.5 W

HOURS: > 300 Inpatient Hospital, Veterans Hospital, Private Practice, Home Care Pediatrics, Traumatic Brain Injury

APPLIED: CUNY Hunter, CUNY Staten Island, SUNY Downstate, SUNY Stony Brook, New York Medical College, NYIT, NYU, Dominican College, Mercy College, Touro College (Bay Shore and Manhattan), LIU, Emory University and North Georgia State College and University

INTERVIEWS: CUNY Hunter, CUNY Staten Island, SUNY Downstate, SUNY Stony Brook, New York Medical College, NYIT, NYU, Dominican College, Mercy College, Touro College (Bay Shore and Manhattan) - doesn't interview.

WAITLISTED: N/A

REJECTED: CUNY Hunter

ACCEPTED: SUNY Downstate, SUNY Stony Brook, New York Medical College, NYIT, NYU, Dominican College, Mercy College, Touro College (Bay Shore)

ATTENDING: Not sure yet, 90% sure SUNY Stony Brook though

I loved the school when I went to visit, faculty seemed interested, the current students couldn't say enough good things and the facilities are great. I did love NYU when I interviewed but the money aspect cannot be overlooked (127k vs. 75k).

Congratulations on your a lot of acceptances :)
When did you hear from Stony Brook? I interviewed on 2/2 and I'm still waiting on their response.

College: Stony Brook University
Major: Psychology
Current GPA: 3.73
Pre-req GPA: 3.48

GRE: Verbal: 153 Math: 156 Writing: 4.0

Hours: About 200 inpatient, outpatient, nursing home, preschool/pediatrics

Applied: Stony Brook University, Long Island University, Touro

Interviews: Stony Brook, Long Island University(declined)

Acceptances: Stony Brook, Touro(Bayshore Campus)

I went to Stony Brook so ever since I had gotten there as a freshman it was my dream to continue school there for physical therapy. It truly is a great program, with a stellar reputation among everyone you talk to in the physical therapy community. The faculty, staff and program offer a warm environment which makes you feel like you are not entering a graduate program but a family. Not to mention it is one of the cheaper schools. I feel so blessed right now to have been accepted here.