New York Pharmacist Internship License and Non-New York Pharmacist License

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baronzb

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a NY resident (recently graduated pharmacy school from a non-NY school). I am searching for internship hours in NY while I study for the NAPLEX. However, I am unable to discover if the New York Internship license is valid after I obtain a non-New York pharmacist license. I assume it will take several months to find work (again with a non-New York State pharmacy license) and I would like to keep my internship job for as long as possible.

Is it possible to keep the New York Internship License and work as an intern in New York after one gets a non-New York pharmacist license? I called the New York Board of Pharmacy. The personnel there refused to answer my question because he couldn't believe a pharmacist could be unemployed... Please help me with my question. I am unfamiliar with New York Pharmacy law.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a NY resident (recently graduated pharmacy school from a non-NY school). I am searching for internship hours in NY while I study for the NAPLEX. However, I am unable to discover if the New York Internship license is valid after I obtain a non-New York pharmacist license. I assume it will take several months to find work (again with a non-New York State pharmacy license) and I would like to keep my internship job for as long as possible.

Is it possible to keep the New York Internship License and work as an intern in New York after one gets a non-New York pharmacist license? I called the New York Board of Pharmacy. The personnel there refused to answer my question because he couldn't believe a pharmacist could be unemployed... Please help me with my question. I am unfamiliar with New York Pharmacy law.
Sorry to hear your situation. I didn't think the state board will be that ignorant, but maybe you should try talking to some local pharmacy organizations such as NYSHP

Thanks, but I am inquiring about a "pharmacist student intern license" in NY and if it is still viable to use it to work in a retail pharmacy after I become licensed in another state (not NY)?
I am asking this because I would like to keep my "pharmacist student intern" job at the retail pharmacy as I look for work in the (not NY) state...