New Zealand or Australia locums?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone worked locums in Australia or New Zealand in recent years? Can anyone recommend a good agency?

I worked in New Zealand for a year. I used medlink international. I probably would not use them again although it worked out. Vista Staffing was trying to help me and they seemed a bit more user friendly and were USA based.

If I were to do it again, I wold just go through the New Zealand job board directly.

Reactions: 1 users
Word on the street is that agencies are not worth it and that you are better off working directly with a hospital.

Members don't see this ad :)
Word on the street is that agencies are not worth it and that you are better off working directly with a hospital.

Depends on whether a person wants to put forth a little extra effort up front to find the jobs. Then it's all paperwork which you have to do whether you work with a recruiter or alone. I suggest if you don't get anywhere on your own, then maybe try the recruiter.

Now that I have lived in NZ and know the system, I would do it alone.

Reactions: 1 user
How does NZ or Australia compensation compare to USA? $100/hr, $150, $200?