Newest set of UMO/DMO billets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Navy1234

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
FYI, these are the billets that the January 2012 UMO/DMO class got:

Kings Bay, GA - Clinic
Charleston, SC - Nuclear Power School
Groton, CT - Subescape Trainer
Panama City Beach, FL - Navy Diving and Salvage Training Center
Eglin AFB, FL - Navy EOD School
Guam - Sub Squadron
Yokosuka, Japan - Sub Group
Diego Garcia - Sub Tender
Okinawa - 3rd Mar Div (Recon)

Members don't see this ad.

FYI, these are the billets that the January 2012 UMO/DMO class got:

Kings Bay, GA - Clinic
Charleston, SC - Nuclear Power School
Groton, CT - Subescape Trainer
Panama City Beach, FL - Navy Diving and Salvage Training Center
Eglin AFB, FL - Navy EOD School
Guam - Sub Squadron
Yokosuka, Japan - Sub Group
Diego Garcia - Sub Tender
Okinawa - 3rd Mar Div (Recon)

Some pretty good billets here. The worst jobs would be: King's Bay, Charleston, and Groton. All the others look like pretty good billets (yes, even the Sub Tender).

I was thinking Diego Garcia should be on your bad list too. Where you and a few hundred of your closest friends hang out surrounded by miles of water, totally isolated...

Members don't see this ad :)
I was thinking Diego Garcia should be on your bad list too. Where you and a few hundred of your closest friends hang out surrounded by miles of water, totally isolated...

Exactly why I didn't jump into the nuke program right out of high school. They wouldn't put in writing that my first duty assignment would not be on a sub-I'd be running reactors now if they would have =p

But it is only a year, and the ship (it's a sub tender billet) travels all over. Plus, I hear the fishing and diving off the BIOT is stellar ;-)