News about ULM (Louisiana-Monroe)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HaleyRX

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got a job at CVS as a pharmacy associate and in a few months I'll be training as a tech. Anyways, one of the pharmacists asked about schools I'm applying to, etc, and I mentioned that I'm finishing a biology degree first and then I'll apply. She said she thought that was "ridiculous" and that "it is a waste of 2 years." I tried to politely defend my choice.
Anyways, she told me that ULM is building a huge new building for pharmacy research and that they will be accepting 2-3 times the amount of students they normally do, starting a year or 2 from now.
Also, there is a lot of talk about LSU getting a pharmacy school in Baton Rouge. (I go to LSU so that makes me happy!) She said that it is in the works but it is probably 5 or 6 years off because Monroe wants to get all of their seats filled (I doubt they'll have a problem.)
I don't know if anyone has heard about this--or cares--but I thought I'd mention it.

Members don't see this ad.

ULM COP is moving into a building vacated by Allstate I believe.....or some business that moved out of the area. It is about 2 miles from the main campus. If you look on their website they show a picture of it....not sure if/when it will be opened but they have been planning the move for the last two years.

I'm from Monroe and they've already moved into that building (I think it's off Tower Drive) that used to be for State Farm. There was talk to LSU getting a pharmacy school, but I heard from a classmate that it wouldn't be happening since ULM is no longer unaccredited as a pharmacy school. It would've been great to have two pharmacy schools in south Louisiana, but horrible for ULM since that's their main appeal for students in the area.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did ULM lose their accreditation. I thought they were always accredited. Were they ever?

They didn't LOSE it... they almost did. It would've happened if they would not have updated their facilities.

I had heard about LSU getting a pharm school but I had heard that they were trying to get it in Shreveport. Pesrsonally, I wish that LSUHSC-S would get it (I live in Shreveport) but I really am not holding my breath!