• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

MoCookiess

Hater of Biochemistry
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2003
Austin, TX
Status
My roommate sent me this article. Now I have a better excuse for blowing off actual studying for more video games. Not that I needed an excuse 5 minutes ago.... :D

Surgeons Who Play Video Games Err Less

Benjo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
Status
yea, when I interviewed at Hopkins, one of the faculty who ate lunch with the interviewees commented on how he arranged to have some of the older surgeons receive XBox to help their laparoscopic skills. Off to best buy for me.

About the Ads

Alexander99

Ghetto Fabulous
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Status
If this is true, surgery really will be the perfect career for me. Although I haven't been playing as much recently (no time), I've been playing video games since I was a little kid. This means I'll be a great surgeon. Maybe one of the best in the west!

tautomer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Status
LOL. This is the nuttiest thing I've ever heard. You think if I put "XBox player" on my apps that would impress adcoms? Or maybe they prefer playstation..... What to do!!?? :scared:

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status
Attending Physician
damn too bad rpgs dont seem to test laproscopic skills...

but still...these articles are cool haha.

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by NRAI2001
You do a lot of slicing and dicing in Ninja Gaiden. That game is awesome.
yeah my friend just bought that game...amazing...

Andrew_Doan

Doc, Author, Entrepreneur
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2002
San Diego, CA
www.facebook.com
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by MoCookiess
My roommate sent me this article. Now I have a better excuse for blowing off actual studying for more video games. Not that I needed an excuse 5 minutes ago.... :D

Surgeons Who Play Video Games Err Less
The key is that you play video games AND study. Without the grades you're not going to do surgery on anyone except on this guy:

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2001
Cali
Originally posted by Andrew_Doan
The key is that you play video games AND study. Without the grades you're not going to do surgery on anyone except on this guy:

Is that required for med school?

IrishOarsman

My Rx: Guiness
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2003
Chicago
Status
Originally posted by Andrew_Doan

Yeah, it is required because you lean great medical terms like "OPERASION" and "DOKTOR".

Hehehe. Nice version... too bad I cannot read the parts as well.

omar06

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
Status
This article is sweet. Playing NCAA football and NBA live will pay off in the future. Hell yeah.

About the Ads