News/facts/laws to keep up to date with

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

weanprednisone

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What news/facts/laws/opinion type question did you get asked at your interview?

So there could be:
Zika
Ebola
Medicare
Medicaid
Obamacare
Politics?
Abortion laws in school state
Immigration
Socialized med
Vaccines

What else?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
LOL surprisingly didn't get asked any current events in my interviews~

Reactions: 2 users
I was asked about the Affordable Care Act (and everything I know about it) in one of my interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was asked about my opinion on the effectiveness of the Affordable Care Act, suggestions on how physicians influence the cost of healthcare, my thoughts on how insurance companies influence the cost of healthcare, and in what ways the healthcare system is doing well and in what ways is it doing poorly. All from the same interview with about 15 minutes to answer :bang:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I'd add PAS/PAD to your list, laws are easy to know as only a few states have progressive ones. Over the course of 5 interviews (1 MMI) I discussed everything on your list besides immigration and Ebola. Don't make it the focus of your studying but do have an opinion and a way to support it

Only thing i've been asked is ACA. I wouldn't really extensively prepare for others unless you got an MMI.

I agree with the above -- the Affordable Care Act is definitely fair game and commonly asked. You should have at least a decent understanding of it and a well-reasoned position on it. Other current event type stuff you really don't need to know in depth (except if you have an MMI). You should just have some sense of what's going on in the world.

I was asked about the Affordable Care Act (and everything I know about it) in one of my interviews.

I had to do that too and it was the worst. Not even Congress knows what the Affordable Care Act is (I'm joking).

What news/facts/laws/opinion type question did you get asked at your interview?

So there could be:
Zika
Ebola
Medicare
Medicaid
Obamacare
Politics?
Abortion laws in school state
Immigration
Socialized med
Vaccines

What else?

Only one school asked and it was on Medical Marijuana

I was asked about the U.S. accepting refugees.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app