News From Rush?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evajaclynn

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
They haven't updated my status page since 11/4. Anyone heard from them lately? Perhaps this is a bad sign..... :(

Members don't see this ad.

evajaclynn said:
They haven't updated my status page since 11/4. Anyone heard from them lately? Perhaps this is a bad sign..... :(

Is that how they let you know you have an interview. I know I had to call them to update my information (they had my app. as incomplete, until I called, then they changed it to complete on the website)

ElKapitan said:
Is that how they let you know you have an interview. I know I had to call them to update my information (they had my app. as incomplete, until I called, then they changed it to complete on the website)

I'm not sure how they let you know if you have an interview. My file is complete, but usually they update the site regularly. I'm wondering if they're being sneaky like Northwestern (who just denies you access to their site once they decide to reject you).

Members don't see this ad :)
evajaclynn said:
I'm not sure how they let you know if you have an interview. My file is complete, but usually they update the site regularly. I'm wondering if they're being sneaky like Northwestern (who just denies you access to their site once they decide to reject you).

I have not checked my status page in quite some time but I don't think mine has changed either. I received an invitation from Rush over email and I certainly hope they aren't as rude as Northwestern...that's how I found out I was rejected too! :laugh:

Rush gives out interview invites via email. Right now, interviews slots are booked until mid-late jan. I completed my Rush application in mid october (I was an Aug MCATer). Hope this information helps!!

sdnstud said:
Rush gives out interview invites via email. Right now, interviews slots are booked until mid-late jan. I completed my Rush application in mid october (I was an Aug MCATer). Hope this information helps!!

Have you heard from them yet? I completed my app in early October and was also an August MCATer. Thanks!

Nevermind - I just read your 'profile' link. Good luck at your interview.

Does anyone have the web address for the application status check?

evajaclynn said:

I just got an interview intvite from rush over email but it said that they had sent out an email on Nov. 2nd that I never got. So, perhaps they are having trouble with their email. You could check with them.

evajaclynn said:

Damn, I'm in the same boat. I just checked my status page and it hasn't been updated since the 4th either. :( Sad day. Hopefully that is no indication of a loss of interest in my application....probable, and likely I suppose. :luck:

blump said:
I just got an interview intvite from rush over email but it said that they had sent out an email on Nov. 2nd that I never got. So, perhaps they are having trouble with their email. You could check with them.

That's strange! I guess that I could check with them, but I don't want to bother them too much!

BTW, congrats on your interview!

evajaclynn said:
That's strange! I guess that I could check with them, but I don't want to bother them too much!

BTW, congrats on your interview!

Yeah, it was real strange. Thank you. I know they are kind of slow so I would be patient. They have to read all of those essays! Good Luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
well i just called them. the lady in the admissions office said that the committee will be meeting again tomorrow and sending out another wave of emails. somewhere on the application site it said that they should contact people within about 4-6 weeks, but the lady in the admissions office that i talked to said that they received more applications sooner than anticipated, so everything slowed down a bit. anyway, good luck. i'm still waiting too.

brats800 said:
well i just called them. the lady in the admissions office said that the committee will be meeting again tomorrow and sending out another wave of emails. somewhere on the application site it said that they should contact people within about 4-6 weeks, but the lady in the admissions office that i talked to said that they received more applications sooner than anticipated, so everything slowed down a bit. anyway, good luck. i'm still waiting too.

Thanks Brats. I sent them an email about an hour ago, so now they are probably annoyed with me. Oh well! Guess that we'll be hearing from them soon enough.

Rush's response to my email:

Thank you for applying to Rush Medical College. Your application is
complete and will be reviewed by the Committee on Admissions in the near
future. Please be advised that you will be immediately notified via email
or U.S. mail when any change in your status occurs. We appreciate your
patience throughout this important process.

does rush screen pre-secondary?? i ask because i never heard ANYTHING from them... should i go ahead and fill out a secondary using the above link?

LordoftheFries said:
does rush screen pre-secondary?? i ask because i never heard ANYTHING from them... should i go ahead and fill out a secondary using the above link?

They definitely don't screen so I would fill it out right away. If I remember correctly, they took a while in sending it to me as well.

I got the same response when I emailed them as well. I was complete on 10/8/04. I thought my app would at least be under review by now. This sucks.

evajaclynn said:
Rush's response to my email:

Thank you for applying to Rush Medical College. Your application is
complete and will be reviewed by the Committee on Admissions in the near
future. Please be advised that you will be immediately notified via email
or U.S. mail when any change in your status occurs. We appreciate your
patience throughout this important process.

Just to let you all know...
The Rush AdCom meets "the first week of Dec." according to the admissions people

GTA said:
The Rush AdCom meets "the first week of Dec." according to the admissions people

Somebody upthread just said they're meeting again today. Maybe they meet every Thursday?

I'm guessing that a lot of us will hear something within the next week or so.

ElKapitan said:

How long did it take for them to update your status page??
They claim to have lost two of my LORs and when I called found one of them and I had to have one of my professors fax another copy to their office. I checked my status this morning, and they did not change the status on the letter that they "found."

redruby said:
I got the same response when I emailed them as well. I was complete on 10/8/04. I thought my app would at least be under review by now. This sucks.

I've been complete there since AUGUST 10, still no word. Funny thing is, I've been interviewed and accepted by "better" schools already, (not bragging, just saying I doubt it's my stats keeping me out) you'd think they would at least throw me a bone...just shows what a crapshoot this whole process is :(

rockstar2525 said:
I've been complete there since AUGUST 10, still no word. Funny thing is, I've been interviewed and accepted by "better" schools already, (not bragging, just saying I doubt it's my stats keeping me out) you'd think they would at least throw me a bone...just shows what a crapshoot this whole process is :(

Is a Rush a good school with good matches with residency? I know they have awesome facilities but they don't report for the rankings so I am wondering if that affects them at all? Anyone know anything?

GTA said:

I think this meeting is to go over those who have already been interviewed. That is what we were told when I interviewed there.

rockstar2525 said:

YES!!!! that exactly what this is....its rediculous.

GTA said:
YES!!!! that exactly what this is....its rediculous.

So, let me get this straight...

are you trying to emphasize something?

DrThom said:
So, let me get this straight...

are you trying to emphasize something?

LOL sorry...I meant to make it just a little bigger....the way the font sizes work on here are strange

but I DID mean to emphasize it..... ;)

Did anyone recieve an invite at the end of last week if they were supposed to be meeting on Thurs?