news on ccom?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobi1

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard any info on the status of ccom's class. The school seems adamant about not allowing status checks, so it is difficult to get any feedback from them. I am currently on that wait to interview list and am wondering how full the class is or how many get snagged off the waitlist. Do they also have an alternate list of those already interviewed? I figure movement in some waitlist could still be a month off, but I am just figuring my chances. I have a deposit on another acceptance as i wait to hear from ccom.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm actually on the same boat. I'm on the waiting list since november. I've been accepted to other schools and have made deposits to one of the schools. The counselors at ccom are very tight-lipped about my status. They told me that the waiting list is not ranked and that they won't be pulling people off it till may. The criteria for who they pull off is not yet determine...it can be based on med. experience, geography, scores, when you interviewed, or any combo of those things. If they do pull you off the list, they'll phone you with the acceptance. Hopefully, you'll be home. I got the feeling that if they can't get a hold of you they won't be trying too many more times to contact you.

My advice to ya'll is to go to their site and get the Admissions office email address - That's what I did and a lady from ccom emailed me a few days latter - Result: my file was reviewed ~ a couple of weeks later but I didn't get in.
later
--Nicolas--
WesternU'03

I called CCOM in late Jan/early Feb to see if it was worth the time and $$ to complete my secondary and submit it that late. According to the lady I spoke with, the class was pretty much filled and all the interviews were scheduled. However, the Committee planned to re-open interviews later in the cycle, primarily for the alternate list. She also said they generally go fairly deep into the list. Her recommendation was for me to go ahead and send my app and $$ in...of couse, less than 3 weeks later, I got a fat rejection letter. So much for being late, huh?
frown.gif

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03