News on LECOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

muonwhiz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the status is at LECOM? Anyone out there set for an interview coming up? If anyone has interviewed there, tell your story and impressions of the school. Anyone accepted and intending to enroll there next fall? What is the rep of the school?

Members don't see this ad.

i interviewed at LECOM in early september and got accedpted about three weeks later. yes, i will be attending LECOM this august. i have heard both good and bad about LECOM. this year, the class size will be over 200 students. there are only 16 cadavar tanks for all the students. the school itself is very nice, although there is not a cafeteria. the school offers a lot of clubs and organizations, as well as a note taking service. the school requires you to have a laptop. i am not 100% sure what the pass rate is on the board exam, but i have heard anywhere from 85 to 95%. the school tries very hard to help you succeed. they will not let you fail. the town of erie is beautiful and there is a lot to do there. please feel free to email me about any specific questions. [email protected]

I interview in early January and got my letter of acceptance in exactly a week...the fast turn-around time really surprised me and officially ended any thoughts of studying this semester, which is fantastic. I heard others had 3 weeks, and we were told 4 weeks at the interview. So i guess it just depends on when the committee decides to meet. As for the rep of the school, I understand that despite the fact that the school is relatively new (started in 1993), it is beginning to make a good name for itself, and I was told during the interview that the class is going to be about 180. When I interviewed, the class was about 1/3 full. Congrats to all, and I'll see you in August.

Members don't see this ad :)
Muonwhiz,

I interviewed in late January and I was waitlisted. This confirms my theory that they do not out right reject people who they interview, because my interview was a disaster so I don't want to discourage you or anyone else by telling you what happened. But I did hear from them in about 3 weeks. I like the school, but in my opinion it was a little too...what's the word I'm looking for...strict! I don't like having a dress code or an attendance policy. That's not my thing. I do hear that the school is making improvements and expanding from 1 building to 2...don't get lost kids! I thought the school was nice but not for me. Best of luck to you though! Maybe you'll get my seat if that is where you would like to go.

Tiff

i heard that LECOM's new building will house a fitness center. does anyone know how long we will be in class each day? i heard that it was 8am till 5pm. what about lunch?
my sources tell me that august 6 is the first day of class. so, i guess that orientation will be a few days before then. has anyone else heard any recent news on LECOM?

Tiffsat-- as a matter of curiosity, what are LECOM's dress codes and attendance policies?

Muon -

Me again. I got accepted to LECOM. Email me your questions.

------------------
--
KidT
[email protected]

zorro21-
I believe that orientation at LECOM is August 3-5 (I read it somewhere on the LECOM website) and the first day of classes is August 6. See you there!
muonwhiz-
Regarding LECOM's dress code and attendance policy: men are required to wear shirts, ties, and dress slacks, and women are required to wear blouses and skirts or dress slacks. All students are required to attend all lectures and labs.

[This message has been edited by DOtobe (edited March 28, 2001).]

zorro,
You must really want Senior status. I see you are posting a lot. Only 8 away!!

I just presented my undergrad research at the Sigma Xi conference sponsored by LECOM. Dr. Russ Sexton informed me that the 2005 Class has been chosen, interviews are over and there is even a waiting list for the Post Bac program.

Congrats to all who have been accepted. See you in August

------------------
Lisa P. :cool:
LECOM 2005