notgettingin

10+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2006
New York
Status (Visible)
Anyone know when the next adcom meeting for SLU is? Or how often they meet? This information would help me to stop repeatedly and obsessively checking my inbox.......Please come to the aid of a fellow OCD SDN'er :D

ItOnlyTakesOne

un.be.lieve.able
10+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2007
Missouri
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
At my intervew, I was told that the ADCOM meets every Friday. And everyone who's gotten acceptances so far has posted them on Mon/Tues. Don't know if that's the only time they meet or even the only time they e-mail acceptances, but that's what I was told

Just my $.02

P.S.- NotGettinIn, I know you've been waiting to hear from them (and I'm in that waiting game too now) so good luck!!!! :D

About the Ads

Anjlprincezz

10+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I interviewed with Dr. Willmore (Associate Dean of Admissions) and he indicated that the adcom meets weekly.. and i received my acceptance on tues so maybe they do accept people on mon/tues... good luck!

notgettingin

10+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2006
New York
Status (Visible)
Thanks for all the info. Monday will be 5 weeks for me, so hopefully they reviewed me on Friday and I will hear back early next week. If not, at least I know that if I don't here back by Tuesday, it will most likely be another week of waiting. Good luck to everyone else in a similar situation!!

notgettingin

10+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2006
New York
Status (Visible)
Update- I called admissions, because today is my 5 week mark, and they told me that my file has not been reviewed yet. She also said that the adcomm meets every Wednesday, but usually they don't process the decisions until Friday. Hope this info might be helpful to anyone waiting. :luck: Good luck!!

prznpremed

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Anybody post-interview heard anything recently?

prznpremed

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Just heard yesterday after posting.... alternate list... :(

I interviewed 1/24

ItOnlyTakesOne

un.be.lieve.able
10+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2007
Missouri
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Just heard yesterday after posting.... alternate list... :(

I interviewed 1/24

bummer! The girl I stayed with during my interview said she got in off the waitlist and that there's some good movement for waitlisted folks at SLU...so there's hope!!! Good luck!!:luck:

andiluvsk

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 9, 2005
Status (Visible)
There seems to be some misinformation floating. The committee meets every Wednesday. You come up for review usually a couple weeks after you interview. If accepted I know that emails are sent pretty quick after the committee meeting.

ntsystematic

Get off my bacterial lawn
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey everyone, I interviewed 7 weeks ago at a regional interview. Anyone else who interviewed in San Francisco still waiting to hear back?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.