Next edition of marik's textbook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WheezyBaby

RSV Fomite
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about a 4th edition coming out anytime in the near future? Wasn't able to find anything online, so I'm assuming not

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything about a 4th edition coming out anytime in the near future? Wasn't able to find anything online, so I'm assuming not

Thanks!
It looks like the 3rd edition was published in 2015, so I'm guessing not any time in the near future. But maybe you could email Marik? If he replies, please let us know!

Reactions: 1 users
I work with Dr. Marik, no plans for a new version this year. Maybe next year. Our efforts have been focused on getting the VitC+HC in sepsis multicenter RCT organized and going.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I work with Dr. Marik, no plans for a new version this year. Maybe next year. Our efforts have been focused on getting the VitC+HC in sepsis multicenter RCT organized and going.
Do people generally agree with that/find it to be a lifesaver? I brought it up to my fellow recently (avoided the attending cause I would've gotten shredded to pieces) after we had a septic pt 2/2 bowel perf. She was able to get off pressors the night I find out about that protocol, so that's another reason I didn't bring it up. But they didn't think there was much merit to the research/protocol.
How does everyone here feel about it? I am 2 months into internship, so unless I can bring something substantial to the table, I highly doubt I'll get listened.

Do people generally agree with that/find it to be a lifesaver? I brought it up to my fellow recently (avoided the attending cause I would've gotten shredded to pieces) after we had a septic pt 2/2 bowel perf. She was able to get off pressors the night I find out about that protocol, so that's another reason I didn't bring it up. But they didn't think there was much merit to the research/protocol.
How does everyone here feel about it? I am 2 months into internship, so unless I can bring something substantial to the table, I highly doubt I'll get listened.

If you're going to bring something to the table, don't let it be VitC...

Yeah I'd try to start with excess fluids and lactate first before bringing up Vit C on rounds.

Unless you're at EVMS...

Please... don't.

I've used the cocktail twice so far; 100% mortality rate.
In our trauma unit they have also been using it and so far the reports I hear from the docs there are "meh."

too early to tell, needs more data

I've used the cocktail twice so far; 100% mortality rate.
In our trauma unit they have also been using it and so far the reports I hear from the docs there are "meh."

too early to tell, needs more data

Exactly, too early to tell. What happens when it turns out this increases mortality in an RCT and you have been giving it to patients without the appropriate evidence?

Reactions: 1 user

I'm using it right now. And collecting my own data on it.

Reactions: 1 user