Next round of Acceptance.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jimlaner

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As you guys know, the deadline for the first deposit was yesterday which was Dec 31st 2010!! Now the schools will start to give out the second round of acceptance to those who had post-dec intervews. Keep your fingers crossed! :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

As you guys know, the deadline for the first deposit was yesterday which was Dec 31st 2010!! Now the schools will start to give out the second round of acceptance to those who had post-dec intervews. Keep your fingers crossed! :xf:

I know its hard to wait. I know that the second round is open to pre-dec intervews as well as post correct?

some are even today or the 4rt..

Members don't see this ad :)
The 15th used to be the deadline. Now that it's the 31st, I wonder if it will delay the decisions since it's the new year's time. Aren't most, if not all, schools on holiday?

What schools are you guys referring to? NYU ? I think every school have different deadlines. someone that already got accepted to nyu told me that deposits are due the first week of january. they still interviewing ppl and now is acceptance on rolling bases.. so if you go for interview and they like you, you can get accepted right away.. good luck to all of you that still waiting like me !!! My application hasn't even gone for review yet!!

What schools are you guys referring to? NYU ? I think every school have different deadlines. someone that already got accepted to nyu told me that deposits are due the first week of january. they still interviewing ppl and now is acceptance on rolling bases.. so if you go for interview and they like you, you can get accepted right away.. good luck to all of you that still waiting like me !!! My application hasn't even gone for review yet!!

From AADSAS:

Q: If I am extended an offer of admission to dental school, how long do I have to accept or decline that offer?

A: Most U.S. and Canadian dental schools adhere to ADEA guidelines regarding the timing of offers of admission. Admission offers can be extended, starting December 1 for the following year's entering class. Individuals accepted in December have 45 days to accept or decline an offer of admission; those accepted in January have 30 days; those accepted February 1-July 15 have 15 days; and those accepted after July 15 can be asked for an immediate response.

Although it says 45 days, I believe it was changed to 30 days for an acceptance in December. Since most schools gave out a large chunk of acceptances on the Dec 1st, it's expected that the next round should come sometime soon after Jan 1st. Every school is required to follow these guidelines. I'm not sure if the number of days was changed for the other months though.

The deadline is not 12-31, or at least not at all schools.

I know some a school with a deadline of 1-3.

The deadline is not 12-31, or at least not at all schools.

I know some a school with a deadline of 1-3.

Case is jan 4. already sent mine in. figured none of the schools would make a decision between xmas and the forth.plus I didn't want to risk it not showing up on time

called Western today. Second round of acceptances will be going out sometime around Jan. 15th.

Did you ask if WESTERN would be making phone calls or mailing acceptance letters?