Next round of Acceptances??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TERPDDS

...class of 2010 hopeful
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ding! Round Two!

Should it be coming shortly? I've heard from some that the beginning of January is another designated time, similar to Dec 1st, that d-schools send out their offers. Also, AADSAS "rules" state that applicants have 30 days past offers made on or after Jan 1st to accept.

What do others believe?

In general, about what is the percentage of offers schools will give out during the 2nd round?

Members don't see this ad.

I think the 2nd round is mid to end of January.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I interview at a school in mid-January, when do you think I will hear back from them (assuming I am accepted)? Will it be with this next round or do I have to wait even longer? Thanks.

DUBS said:
If I interview at a school in mid-January, when do you think I will hear back from them (assuming I am accepted)? Will it be with this next round or do I have to wait even longer? Thanks.

i think it depends how badly they want you. some of these people are gettin acceptances 2 weeks after they interview, or sooner. so if u do exceptionally well, u may get in the 2nd round. if you must wait until the 3rd round, i believe it will come sooner than the wait for the 2nd round. am i correct in sayin each successive round allots you less time to make a decision whether you wil attend or not ?

First rounds have until Jan 16th. So It would be my best estimate that 2nd rounds will be in the 3rd or 4th week of Jan

hey guys

i received an e-mail message from USCF notifying me that my application became complete yesterday (1/6/06). Is that early enough for consideration for the 'second round?' or will that push me into the 'third round?'

Thanks!

Tikamutt said:
hey guys

i received an e-mail message from USCF notifying me that my application became complete yesterday (1/6/06). Is that early enough for consideration for the 'second round?' or will that push me into the 'third round?'

Thanks!
I would say if you have already intervied there then you would definatly have a shot at second round. If they havn't contacted you about an interview yet, then I wouldn't hold your breath.