1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Next step after one full year of physics? (MD Candidate with expired courses)

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by Gauss44, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Gauss44

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Should an MD candidate with expired courses who has taught first year physics for 10 years, retake first year physics, or take some other upper level class to prove that skills are still sharp before applying to medical school? If the later, WHAT COURSE would be recommended? What physics class (or classes) comes after first year physics?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. futuremdforme

5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    My prereqs were 10 years old and I did not take any more classes. A 90th percentile mcat will show you are sharp.

4. Goro

Faculty 7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I would be much more happier with a candidate who had taken a decent upper level Biology course, like Anatomy, Physiology, Med Micro, Pharmacology or Neuroscience, to name a few.

You can rely on the MCAT PS section to show those particular skills are sharp.

There are some med schools that specifically state they want pre-reqs to be no older than, say, five years.

Physical Chemistry might be a good thing to try, if you're interested in following the physics thing.