Jul 30, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi there.

I was just wondering how much practice for CARS is good practice? I know thats very subjective but I am trying to score a 130 in CARS and I have finished the EK 101 book and have ranged form a 124-127 and I am currently doing the Next Step book and have been scoring consistently 125/126. These scores are pretty good in general I know but I am sort of worried that I won't improve. I also did the first NS full length and scored 125 in the CARS section :(

Kpw101

5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student
How much isn't as important as the quality of your practice. Really give it your all when taking passages and time yourself. When reviewing really break the passage/question/choices down and not only see why a certain answer is correct, but why the other choices are not correct. If quality is no problem then the only answer to your question of "how much practice is good practice" is as much as your study schedule and mind permits.

OP
G
Jul 30, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Thank you so much Kpw 101 ! I have been looking at why I get answers wrong. I'm just confused about how to NOT make the same mistakes again since all passages are different. This may sound stupid but I literally don't know what I am looking for sometimes when I am looking for why I made a mistake .

Kpw101

5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Thank you so much Kpw 101 ! I have been looking at why I get answers wrong. I'm just confused about how to NOT make the same mistakes again since all passages are different. This may sound stupid but I literally don't know what I am looking for sometimes when I am looking for why I made a mistake .
No problem! And it comes with repetition. Don't expect immediate results while you're practicing. Improving your CARS score if often a long and tedious process. Improving even just a few points can take people a couple of months. Keep at it and don't falter!

Ask yourself one question when you're going over questions you got wrong. What could you have done differently to get it right? Maybe you could have read slower with more comprehension, maybe you misread the question stem, maybe you could have used process of elimination a little bit better.

OP
G
Jul 30, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
No problem! And it comes with repetition. Don't expect immediate results while you're practicing. Improving your CARS score if often a long and tedious process. Improving even just a few points can take people a couple of months. Keep at it and don't falter!

Ask yourself one question when you're going over questions you got wrong. What could you have done differently to get it right? Maybe you could have read slower with more comprehension, maybe you misread the question stem, maybe you could have used process of elimination a little bit better.
Thank you :) Makes sense ! Will definitely try that.