Next steps MCAT Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jconnell82760

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I'm taking the MCAT in April and have been doing content review slowly over a few months as I'm still working part time/finishing 2 classes until then. I've also taken a few practice exams
Here are my scores so far:
NS FL 1: 514 (128, 128, 129, 129)
NS FL 2: 512 (127, 128, 129, 128)
NS FL 3: 512 (127, 128, 128, 129)

I took each of these each about a month apart. Honestly I'd be happy scoring anywhere from a 512+ on the actual exam, but seeing as my starting point is higher I'd obviously love to shoot for a 518+. Most of my content is fairly good, when I review questions I missed it's more that I missed a connection between ideas in the passage, however there is definitely some improvement that could be done with physics/gen chem concepts.

I'm struggling to know where to go from here. I want to move on to more practice but I'm unsure of how to do so while spreading out my resources appropriately between now and test day. I have the entire NS set of exams (1-10), NS passage and question bank, all the AAMC resources, TPR workbooks, EK 101 books, and the Kaplan flashcards. It's just really overwhelming and I don't even know where to start/how to organize my approach. I'll continue to do CR on subjects that I identify as a weakness during practice.

TLDR: Getting good scores (512), how to best organize approach to practice problems

Members don't see this ad.

Do the AAMC question packs (easy) then the AAMC section bank (harder). Feel free to repeat the section bank for a second pass if you have time.

Do 3 cars passages a day and review them. Do full-lengths and review them weekly. Throw the Kaplan flashcards in the garbage.

Stay focused and you'll crush the test. Your scores are solid for how far out you are.